The New Cinema

TheTool

Well just been reading about the new cinema complex and i must admit Mr fergie lacey has finally come up with a good idea.

Anyone else think so, i know some people want a ice rink but that is a seasonal thing and we could have an ice ring anywhere because in the UK they have them in tempory structures like a bit tent that they put up for about a month over christmas.

Surely that would be better than a full time ice rink.

What i would like to see is a snow dome

http://www.indoorsnow.com/english/worldindoor-new-e.htm

This would be a great idea to replace summerland and i would imagine it would be packed everyweek.

This company here know what they are doing why not ask them

http://www.xscape.co.uk/Default.asp?f=1&

Well just been reading about the new cinema complex and i must admit Mr fergie lacey has finally come up with a good idea.

Anyone else think so, i know some people want a ice rink but that is a seasonal thing and we could have an ice ring anywhere because in the UK they have them in tempory structures like a bit tent that they put up for about a month over christmas.

I agree and don't see why people are so excited about an ice rink. Summerland had a roller-skating rink which managed to be almost empty all the time.

Multiplex cinema sounds a good idea but I hope the four restaurants mentioned in the article will be good quality places rather then the typical shite you often find at cinemas and shopping malls.

What the island needs for xmas is a curling-rink.

Did I hear they're having a food court? I love food courts... so much to eat in one space! And linking in with another thread, I hope a Subway gets put in there.

If they really must put cheap and nasty food in there I hope it's not a Subway. I don't understand how they get away with charging over three quid for a sandwich. People even pay it.

If anything I'd quite like a Burger King because they have flame-grilled burgers which are a wee bit better than the McD's or KFC shit.

Pizza Express would be nice too - not Pizza Hut.

I don't understand how they get away with charging over three quid for a sandwich. People even pay it.

I can understand paying that for a Subway sandwich. I can't understand how people pay for those crappy little triangle-cut ones that are the same price. Pah.

BK would be good though, that's the only junk food place I really like. Pizza places are crap, I prefer going to take-aways where they have properly made food.

Would you trust any of the defendants mentioned in this case??

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF DELAWARE

PETER KALTMAN DEFINED 1

CONTRIEXJTION PLAN, 1

Plaintiff, 1

V. 1 Civil Action No. 93-50-RRM

GULF USA CORP., GRAHAM FERGUSON 1

LACEY, KEITH D. HOLJESON and DAVID 1

J. ANGELICCHIO, 1

>

Defendants. 1

ORDER DENYING DEFENDANTS' MOTION

FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT

In this securities fraud case, the defendants have moved for summary judgment. The

Court has read the papers, and heard oral argument on November 10, 1993.

Summary judgment is appropriate when the evidence offered demonstrates that there

is no genuine issue of material fact in dispute and no jury could reasonably find that the

nonmoving party is entitled to judgment in its favor. Anderson v. Libertv Lobbv. Inc.,

U.S. 242 (1986). The plaintiff alleges that Gulfs November 13, 1992 press release and

third quarter 10-Q were materially misleading because of defendants' knowing omissions of

material facts. The defendants raise three arguments as to why they should be granted

summary judgment. They argue that the plaintiff cannot show reliance, there is no scienter,

and there were no material omissions from the public statements. The Court rejects the

defendants' arguments.

In a case such as this, which seeks to predicate rule lob-5 liability upon omissions,

SNIPPETS:

ORDER DENYING DEFENDANTS' MOTION

In this securities fraud case, the defendants have moved for summary judgment.

Court has read the papers, and heard oral argument on November 10, 1993.

Summary judgment is appropriate when the evidence offered demonstrates that there

is no genuine issue of material fact in dispute and no jury could reasonably find that the

They argue that the plaintiff cannot show reliance, there is no scienter,

and there were no material omissions from the public statements.

In a case such as this, which seeks to predicate rule lob-5 liability upon omissions,

903 F.2d 186, 202 (3rd Cir.

defendants were reckless in their treatment of material information.

the Court does not fully adopt the plaintiffs theory that Gulfs November

public statements were materially misleading.

material inside information to Eric Ryback, an active trader of Gulf securities, without

obtaining a confidentiality agreement or disclosing this information to the public.

"The duty

imposed on a company and its officers is an alternative one:

inside information either to no outsiders or to all outsiders equally."

Elkind v. Liggett &

For these reasons,

Archived