No More Tb Jabs

manxchatterbox

I just saw on the Border TV late evening news our Dr Kish being interviewed by Joanne Green and saying that school kids in the IOM are no longer going to be innoculated against TB. Is this a good idea?

I don't remember reading about it anywhere or even hearing Steve Rodan say anything about it or Manx Radio doing a report about it?

Or, did I just miss it?

If I didn't miss it how come Joanne Green gets such a scoop ahead of Manx Radio "the voice of the nation"???

Incidentally, I just heard the 11:00pm news and then that guy John Moss blabbing on thinking he is a weather reporter...he was going on about the stormy evening...eh what was he talking about??? Even Adrian Cowin at the Met office doing the live weather update was flummoxed...and gave the true picture that the wind will get up towards tomorrow morning...Surely someone has some editorial control over what is broadcast and the veracity of what's said???Otherwise how can anyone have any credibility in the reports??? (rant over - back to TB innoculations - ouch - I remember mine hurt lots)

It’s a terrible decision and one that mirrors what’s happening over here.

TB is on the rise, especially in the cities, and in some cases it’s a strain that is very difficult to cure with the usual antibiotics.

With the massive influx of asylum seekers, most of whom come from TB hot-spots, there has been a marked increase in the number of cases detected in the UK, especially in London where the problem is very widespread though little publicised.

From The Guardian 2002

“The highest rates in the UK are in parts of London with high levels of immigration, such as Brent, Newham, Ealing and Hackney.

#The TB burden in those boroughs is not dissimilar to Russia, China, and Brazil - countries that have some of the highest rates in the world.

"London is a snapshot of the global epidemic. What we are witnessing here and in other European capitals reminds us of the 'globalisation' of disease - so long as there is TB in the world, no one can feel completely safe," said Chris Dye of the World Health Organisation. “

And since then things have become considerably worse with even more asylum seekers ‘entering’ the UK and bringing TB and other horrible diseases with them and very often with the sole intent of gaining access to our tax payer funded NHS.

Not only that, though that is bad enough, but causing cross infection of UK residents into the bargain.

But not just illegals and ‘asylum seekers’. Legitimate immigrants and travellers from some countries, especially Pakistan, have a very high TB incidence amongst them, often going undetected for years whilst all the time emitting germs to infect those around them.

Then there’s the matter of exposure to infection for holiday makers, not just when visiting some ‘TB-hot’ countries, but also on medium and long haul flights from fellow travelers on the ‘plane.

All that, and especially with the very worrying emergence of drug immune strains of TB, it seems to me that the continued inoculation to provide immunity to TB in the first place is a ‘no brainer’.

I just saw on the Border TV late evening news our Dr Kish being interviewed by Joanne Green and saying that school kids in the IOM are no longer going to be innoculated against TB. Is this a good idea?

I don't remember reading about it anywhere or even hearing Steve Rodan say anything about it or Manx Radio doing a report about it?

Or, did I just miss it?

Yes.. you just missed it. It was first mentioned in a programme presented by Beth Espey about vaccinations/innoculations a couple of weeks ago (one that she'd asked forum members to help with) - and that was before the official statement about it.

It was then extensively reported on both Manx Radio and the local papers etc - but the story broke first on Manx Radio.

Their news reports may not always be perfect but, in this case at least, they were a long way ahead of the pack!

I heard the interview with Beth - which was quite good - but couldn't believe they were stopping the TB shots. Plus he announced it as if it were some wonderful idea.

Some facts...

TB is the world's leading curable infectious killer, claiming 5,000 lives a day.

If left untreated, almost 70% of people with TB will die.

A single person with infectious TB can infect between 10-15 people a year.

The number of cases in the UK has increased by 25% over the last 10 years.

Source:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4414396.stm

How did you know what Dr Kish was talking about? proper Manx fella! almost as incoherant as the policeman that was on the other day talking about Raymondo Forbes. Why do they interview Manx representatives that cannot speak English?

when you stop being insular and racist you will learn that the men did indeed speak the english language

Archived