Neds Trial Today

crumlin

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was posted on the Manx Radio web-site yesterday and was lifted and posted on the BBC forum site ...but then mysteriously got deleted...strange as apparently MR is now supposed to be suppling the Beeb with news copy..so if it was on the MR site why are the Beeb not using it???

Is there a worthwhile conspiracy theory out there eminating from Area 51? or Ballacain House??

quote:-

The wife of former Chief Minister Richard Corkill is facing two further charges in relation to building work carried out at their home at Ballacain, Onchan in 2002 and 2003.

At the same time one of the partners in a building firm involved in the work has also been charged.

Earlier today Julie Corkill was accused of false accounting and issuing a false document.

Through her advocates she has told Manx Radio she is "not guilty" of the offences.

Mrs Corkill had previously been charged with obtaining a money transfer by deception and false accounting.

The builder, William Kelly, faces one count of forgery.

Mrs Corkill is due to stand trial on December 5.

Talking about conspiracy theoris - does anyone notice how the case is getting closer and closer to the next General Election?

If it's still going on by that time Ned conveniently won't be able to discuss it in his manifesto or out on the hustings 'cos it will be sub-judice!

...and of course technically parties would still be innocent...so he could say "hey, vote for me I'm innocent".

Then again has he said he will definately be standing??? what do you the Onchan electorate up there have to say?? What are they saying in the Manx Arms and the Archie??

If he doesn't stand will he be able to go back to being a pharmacist?

He has publicly stated (I think it was before he resigned) that with regard to CPD (Continuing Professional Development) he was remiss and in default of not having done what he was required to do by the pharmcists professional body to keep up to date..he said he had written to them to say how could he be expected to do what he should... as well as being a country's Chief Minister as well!!!

..then again as he isn't the CM anymore he must surely have had the time to get his CPD up to date.....so is he still allowed to be a practising pharmacist??

Talking about conspiracy theoris - does anyone notice how the case is getting closer and closer to the next General Election?

If it's still going on by that time Ned conveniently won't be able to discuss it in his manifesto or out on the hustings 'cos it will be sub-judice!

...and of course technically parties would still be innocent...so he could say "hey, vote for me I'm innocent".

Then again has he said he will definately be standing??? what do you the Onchan electorate up there have to say?? What are they saying in the Manx Arms and the Archie??

If he doesn't stand will he be able to go back to being a pharmacist?

He has publicly stated (I think it was before he resigned) that with regard to CPD (Continuing Professional Development) he was remiss and in default of not having done what he was required to do by the pharmcists professional body to keep up to date..he said he had written to them to say how could he be expected to do what he should... as well as being a country's Chief Minister as well!!!

..then again as he isn't the CM anymore he must surely have had the time to get his CPD up to date.....so is he still allowed to be a practising pharmacist??

Mr. Corkill is currently working at a pharmacy in the south of the island.

Regardless of if he/she is guilty or not - why the fuck is it taking so long? Why is the case delayed, on what grounds - *Surely* they need good reasons to keep delaying the bloody thing. It seems madness. Have they got a cruise booked or perhaps a holiday. If I was in charge I'd certainly say "No chance" and let the courts decide - stalling at its best it seems.

Slightly O/T here but...

Let's just say this gets dragged out and the case keeps getting put back. What would happen say, if come election time next year and the case still hadn't been heard and the voting public were just basically sick and tired of things and decided (en-masse) not to vote?

Would we still have a government?

Food for thought, surely.

Archived