Neds Trial Today

crumlin

Surely someone under arrest or charged with a crime has the right to discuss their case? Only them mind, not the police or other parties.

Who are they going to discuss it with?

It can only be other parties, some may even be potential jurors if it goes any higher

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
as a bye the bye

whatever happened to the planning situation?

did they get all the changes to the plans throught on retrospective applications??

or are there still outstanding matters that don't comply with planning permission?

This is something I'd also like to know. I think Planning are keeping their heads well down at the moment and everyone is so involved with the grant/court side of things they are getting away with rank incompetence/collusion.

Did theCorks receive a completion certificate. If they did how did they get one when such a lot of the work didn't appear on the plans. Who gave them the certificate and is he/she going to get fired for signing off work that wasn't on the plans, or was not up to scratch (which appears to be the Corks reason for not paying the builder).

Also, has it been confirmed that they have had permission to change the use of the buildings from holiday lets to long term lets, if they have, how did that go through so quietly and will they be paying back the grant money as the properties are not now holiday accommodation?

Just asking.........

As to the Planning matter their next door neighbour told me that they have not sorted out the planning problems except for the ones the builders completed without permission.

They got the completion certificates before the Builders left site and issued by Mr ***** of Onchan Commissioners. The properties were also passed by the DTLs independant surveyors to a high standar and value fro money.

They have got change of use from tourist lets to long lets to two of the 4 cottages, this was done by a private meeting without the Planning Chairs person knowing). The Neds are believed to be living in one of the Disabled Tourist flats as they have let their own house and the cottages out to a film crew assisted by Mr Downies Department. The sea cat creww have been living in all the cottages untill a couple of weeks ago(DTL again?)

The DTL put the Neds on notice to pay the grants back in April 2004 and to date they have not paid them back (Skint)

All of the above can be checked out via Hansards and the DTL (if they want to tell you, or you could ask the man that got sacked)

As to the Planning matter their next door neighbour told me that they have not sorted out the planning problems except for the ones the builders completed without permission.

They got the completion certificates before the Builders left site and issued by Mr ***** of Onchan Commissioners. The properties were also passed by the DTLs independant surveyors to a high standar and value fro money.They have got change of use from tourist lets to long lets to two of the 4 cottages, this was done by a private meeting without the Planning Chairs person knowing). The Neds are believed to be living in one of the Disabled Tourist flats as they have let their own house and the cottages out to a film crew assisted by Mr Downies Department. The sea cat creww have been living in all the cottages untill a couple of weeks ago(DTL again?)

The DTL put the Neds on notice to pay the grants back in April 2004 and to date they have not paid them back (Skint)

All of the above can be checked out via Hansards and the DTL (if they want to tell you, or you could ask the man that got sacked)

I thought it was DOLGE (Building Regulation Department) that issued the completion certificates, surely it was one of their inspectors that did all the inspections - isn't that was usually happens?

The planning situation as outlined is all aboslutely outrageous.

It exemplifies how the system has been corrupted by those that play the system with those who either turn a blind eye or are incompetent to deal impartially and without favour

I say name and shame and make some examples - no matter how long people have been in the job - time for a new broom.....

Also perhaps why Ned has been seen working down south - no longer a CM salary and mounting legal bills so has to fall back on locum work etc to supplement the income - I wonder if Mrs Flanders works or is she a lady of leisure?

I also wonder if the case goes against them how the legal bills will be paid? and how and when the grants will be paid back? (or will they appear as a right off in a few years down the line 'cos I don't see the DTL having the spine to go for legal recovery even if means getting a bankruptcy order??)

Then again aren't the Flanders church people so there could be an element of "divine intervention" - I wonder what Homer would say?? Bart would use "eat my shorts" - As for the Stonecutters?? and what about Chief Wiggum??

hee hee just found this....

Ned Flanders: "I've done everything the Bible says - even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!"

:D

That's what Ned said when his house was destroyed by a hurricane. Then the neighbours all built him a new house - probably without the appropriate planning permission as the house fell down a minute after they went inside.

Ned Flanders tells porkies.. and Ma. Flanders tells even bigger ones..

There are too many angry people wanting justice.... Sooner or later the truth will come out, and all those who have suffered through this saga will have their day of reckoning

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::P

Archived