Top Gear

Mission

Yea, really good for the Island.

Effing and blinding before the watershed.

Practically every shot wreathed in rain and mist, and most of them in a torrential downpour.

The only building seen was a derelict ruin -

A few sheep shots, mist and barren hills

And a few cheap shots

The weather was not their fault, but that is the image beamed to about 5 millions homes

Be objective - that was not good.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only building seen was a derelict ruin -

Is the airport not a building? Sure I saw that.

Completley besides the point though - get a grip Jonty it's a motoring program, not a holiday show. They were not testing the IOM but cars.

Perhaps you could list your ideas of how you would have directed the shoot. Perhaps we could have had the cars parked outside the Laxey Wheel, maybe even have filmed them in a 1/4 mile sprint with a tram.

I await your plethora of ideas with baited breath. <_<

Yep, great show, some of the shots of the Island were fantastic, amazed they could drive that fast in the mist though!

The Hamster ringing the transport minister to get the road closed and the sign changing instantly was good :D

Suppose I can see what you mean Jonty, but you can hardly blame the programme for the Manx weather and they had to film that day as they'd booked the roads closure.

i'm surprised Liberalis hasn't been on saying "yeah, but did you see the filters they used in the filming" :lol:

Grrrr!!

Thw way Top Gear use filters on the sky really pisses me off for some reason. It's hardly subtle and it been used so much by them it's old hat these days

i'm surprised Liberalis hasn't been on saying "yeah, but did you see the filters they used in the filming" :lol:

Grrrr!!

Thw way Top Gear use filters on the sky really pisses me off for some reason. It's hardly subtle and it been used so much by them it's old hat these days

you photographers :rolleyes: you make me larf :lol:

Archived