Vandalism

dooahhdoo

Cheers for this. Only took me 4 hours to get out.

If any kids around the Onchan area came home last night with black paint on their hands please either give them a hiding or take them straight to the Police station where they will be very interested in pressing charges for vandalising a car and a bus shelter.

post-122-1131832238_thumb.jpgpost-122-1131832268_thumb.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Little bastards.

What was it, aerosol?

No. I imagine it was similar to a fairy liquid bottle or similar filled with paint. I just hope they are caught as it could be a key, coin or brake fluid next time.

Very quick response from the Police though who suggested the best way to find who did it would be to put it in the local newspapers ;) Good policing.

Are you going to have to get your car resprayed?

On the subject of children 'messing around' I drove up Broadway the other Friday night and was amazed at the amount of kids (aged approx between 12 and 16 at a guess) that hang out in that glen area. There must have been about 30 to 50 of them. I know they are legally just children but I'm sure a pack of that many could be intimidating to walk past.

On the subject of children 'messing around' I drove up Broadway the other Friday night and was amazed at the amount of kids (aged approx between 12 and 16 at a guess) that hang out in that glen area. There must have been about 30 to 50 of them. I know they are legally just children but I'm sure a pack of that many could be intimidating to walk past.

I don't even like driving past that lot on a Friday night. There's usually one brave enough to throw some chips or something at your windscreen, or some drunk 15 year old will run out in front of you.

I don't even like driving past that lot on a Friday night. There's usually one brave enough to throw some chips or something at your windscreen, or some drunk 15 year old will run out in front of you.

Thats the Lot from the Machine across the road. They just get bored and so cross over....

Thats the Lot from the Machine across the road. They just get bored and so cross over....

hey yeah but it's a great place to sell the surplus beer from your european trips. Just park up on the corner, open the boot and sell sell sell!

Sadly I had to park my car next to the park entrance where they loiter at the top of the glen on a friday night a couple of weeks back due to no spaces remotely nearby. Thinking about it now I'm not sure why I was actually surprised that the following morning the little pissants had broken off a mirror and snapped my car's aerial. I hope the little bastards responsible OD on WKD and choke on their own puke. Nothing the police can do about it though. The following week was bonfire night and there were hordes of them there again as they are every week, and the little peckers were chucking that many fireworks up & down the street that it could just about have been mistaken for Beirut. Sick of the amount of broken glass all over the place after every weekend in this area too - does it mean they won't do anything til a child trips up & carves themselves up?

I rang the police to complain about it and got a somewhat abrupt response of 'yes we've already had several calls about this thanks very much', to which I'm surprised I didn't say something like 'So howcome they're still there then?'.

They need to shoo the underage tickturds away from there because I think it's when there's large numbers drinking there like they do that they decide it'll be cool/hard/funny/whatever to start wrecking other peoples' stuff. I'm glad I've never caught them in the act though because it'd be me up in the dock for doing everyone a favour and pulling their arms off & using them as clubs to beat them with.

Would be really nice if the police actually did something about this growing problem which they allow to go on while they sit in a van watching. :angry::angry::angry:

I live in Onchan too and there was a scratch on my neighbours car and another neighbour had the wing mirror knocked off his van a few weeks back. You would assume it's the same crowd. Onchan is not that big, you think it wouldn't be that hard to catch them out?!?!?

Archived