Immigration Problems

crumlin

I really don't know if it's a major problem. I remember a couple of Malaysians got caught (I think outstaying their Visas) a while ago...

There's been a few others I've heard about, but not many.

Edit to add - what exactly are these posts? Officers at the ports or civil servants in offices?

There is the potential to be a big problem, but I don't know if the govt is being proactive or reactive in this instance.

The IOM could be seen as a place where illegal immigrants can drop of the UK radar so measures are being put in place?

I really don't know if it's a major problem. I remember a couple of Malaysians got caught (I think outstaying their Visas) a while ago...

It can hardly be said that they're stealing people's jobs considering the low unemployment rate. I bet anyone who is here illegal is paying their way like the rest of us. Why would anyone travel across the world just to claim ('scrounge' if you're a Daily Mail reader) benefits

Have you got a problem on the Island with illegal immigrants as the Passport office has created two new posts to deal with the said problem.

They've been issued with photos of Rog and PK and ordered to keep them from returning - at any cost! :ph34r:

Ignore the troll.....

Is that right Old Git? People have just turned up for medical treatment? What a sheltered life I lead... so had they just hopped over from the UK or had they pitched up from further afield????

Mad.

Archived