Doves

dangerboy

According to the Villa website the doves are playing here from 20 Oct 2005 to 13 Dec 2005! Guess they need to fire the PG Tips chimp in charge of website updates!

For those interested in going, the doves are playing on the 13th Dec. Oh and if you want tickets i would suggest actually going down to the box office, they havent trained the chimp to answer the phone yet.

edited due to mongy error.

i really really hope there will be a very good turn out at this! there was a few at the super furrys but i have heard that if there is not a good turn out the promoter will not be bringing anyone else over!

any truth in that? and does anyone know how many tickets have been sold?

last I heard approx 800 had been sold, wouldn't surprise me if it sells out tbh.

the guy who booked them is well up for bringing more contemporary bands over instead of the durge we've seen (stylistics for example), but obviously if they're not well supported they'll think twice before booked similar bands.

they were pretty happy with the SFA turnout from what I gather.

A standing concert will always look empty in the villa, as the fire regs will only let you sell enough tickets that it'll look about 1/3 full downstairs. Upstairs will always be empty, who wants to sit at one of those things?

They need to sort the regs out, it's daft.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived