Reliable Small Car Wanted

manx-minx

I have a Red Peugeot 106, 1.1 at home. Quick sale of around £100 - £200.

I'll get the details for you when I get a chance and post on here today.

Need to get rid of it, as we got a new car and its taking up space ( bloody neighbours moaning ).

I have a Red Peugeot 106, 1.1 at home. Quick sale of around £100 - £200.

I'll get the details for you when I get a chance and post on here today.

Need to get rid of it, as we got a new car and its taking up space ( bloody neighbours moaning ).

Cheers, If you could let me know the mileage/age etc. That would be great. Going to have a look in the Courier (when it gets delivered!) to see if there are any decent ones in there. :)

Garages on the Island have plenty of cheap cars in the back lot, which have been taken in as Part Ex, they would be open to any offer at this time of the year just to clear a few out, and from a garage you have some kind of fall back if anything goes tits up

Garages on the Island have plenty of cheap cars in the back lot, which have been taken in as Part Ex, they would be open to any offer at this time of the year just to clear a few out, and from a garage you have some kind of fall back if anything goes tits up

A word of warning on this one. A lot of garages will get rid of their part-exes at a low price, but when they don't particularily want to retail them for a decent profit they are usually flogged off unprepped and without warranty. Officially, as they can't guarantee they are roadworthy, they are officially sold as seen for spares or repair.

If you ask around a couple of garages and they say they have "traded them all out" ask if they can give you the name and number of a trader that buys all the old cars. One name will crop up again and again and he's the guy to call!

Knoxville's Pug sounds like a good one to go for though...

A word of warning on this one. A lot of garages will get rid of their part-exes at a low price, but when they don't particularily want to retail them for a decent profit they are usually flogged off unprepped and without warranty. Officially, as they can't guarantee they are roadworthy, they are officially sold as seen for spares or repair.

If you ask around a couple of garages and they say they have "traded them all out" ask if they can give you the name and number of a trader that buys all the old cars. One name will crop up again and again and he's the guy to call!

Knoxville's Pug sounds like a good one to go for though...

Cheers Dave ;):D

If the garage or private seller allows you to drive the car away, they are at fault in anything goes tits up. A car sold for spares or repair has to disabled by the seller. All cars.vans, wagons or machines that are sold at auction by the DOT or other government departmens have the ignitions removed.

If the garage or private seller allows you to drive the car away, they are at fault in anything goes tits up. A car sold for spares or repair has to disabled by the seller. All cars.vans, wagons or machines that are sold at auction by the DOT or other government departmens have the ignitions removed.

If a garage sells a cheap car they will explain that you must make sure that the vehicle is in a roadworthy condition before use on a public highway , you will have to sign this and you should have the car suspended towed to a workshop to be checked at your expense, you would have no comeback at all in this instance.

If a garage just sells a car "as seen" it is still down to the garage to make sure the car is roadworthy , if you get pulled over 10 mins down the road for a bald tyre then you have come back on the garage, but if the engine blew up then it's your problem.

If you buy private you have no comeback and the vehicles I have bought from DOT tenders all were complete so not sure what you mean buy that.

Archived