Reliable Small Car Wanted

manx-minx

If the garage or private seller allows you to drive the car away, they are at fault in anything goes tits up. A car sold for spares or repair has to disabled by the seller. All cars.vans, wagons or machines that are sold at auction by the DOT or other government departmens have the ignitions removed.

If a garage sells a cheap car they will explain that you must make sure that the vehicle is in a roadworthy condition before use on a public highway , you will have to sign this and you should have the car suspended towed to a workshop to be checked at your expense, you would have no comeback at all in this instance.

If a garage just sells a car "as seen" it is still down to the garage to make sure the car is roadworthy , if you get pulled over 10 mins down the road for a bald tyre then you have come back on the garage, but if the engine blew up then it's your problem.

If you buy private you have no comeback and the vehicles I have bought from DOT tenders all were complete so not sure what you mean buy that.

Agree with sideways on this and I've never heard of the gov taking the ignitions off vehicles. POINT.

If a private seller sells the car " as seen " as SW has said, the seller has no come back.

Good job my old man is a tricked out engineer then :D

Archived