Manx Tt / Jester Interactive

Slim

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I don't know if it will ever get released, I suppose it depends how the development went. The Administrative Receivers might be able to recover something from it but there isn't any news yet.

Maybe the project will be sold to another software house?

Publication Date: Thursday, 21 October 2004

Notice Code: 2421

Receivership

Appointment of Administrative Receivers

JESTER INTERACTIVE LIMITED

(Reg No 02602607)

Nature of Business: Software Publishing.

Date of Appointment of Joint Administrative Receivers: 15 October 2004.

Name of Person Appointing the Joint Administrative Receivers: Bank of Scotland.

Joint Administrative Receivers: David Michael Riley and Nicholas Hugh O’Reilly (Office Holder Nos 008959 and 008309), both of Numerica, South Central, 11 Peter Street, Manchester M2 5LG.

Stav.

:(

• 2 weeks later...

An update from Duke Video

Note for Duke customers from Peter Duke, Managing Director:-

Based on the above information, the earliest release date we would expect is late February 2005. This is - as Jester point out above - still subject to final approval of the game by Sony. Whatever the release day, rest assured that Duke's customers who have waited so long and so eagerly for this exciting new product will not be disappointed and will receive stock the moment it is available. It exists as a piece of incredibly sophisticated software, it works brilliantly and will be well worth the long wait we have all experienced.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on Manx Radio Site...

The eagerly anticipated TT Superbikes game is to be released after all.

Jester Interactive, the studio behind the Playstation 2 title, seemed to be in trouble after it went into administration earlier this year.

The game's release date slipped and it looked unlikely ever to make it onto shop shelves, disappointing the hundreds of Island residents who had pre-ordered their copies.

But Bigben Interactive, the game's distributor, now says it is almost ready for release after a few last-minute tweaks.

If videogame giant Sony approves the title, which has been described as the most realistic bike racing game ever, it should be available at the end of February.

• 1 month later...

From Duke Video:

"UPDATE ON RELEASE DATE: Jester tell us that the game is expected to be cleared by Sony any day now and it will then take 3-4 weeks to get stock produced. Please check regularly - we shall update this page as soon as any firm news is available.

NOTE: the price is now £34.99 not £39.99 - some GOOD NEWS! Those who prepaid by cheque or Postal order or cash will be receiving a refund. If you paid by credit card your card will not be debited until we despatch your order."

so near yet so far, although any news is good news in this case

bring on the biking

Source: http://www.dukevideo.com/products/SLES51980.htm

There is a 60 second preview available; Start Line to Braddan Bends.

I've grabbed a copy 'n it don't look too bad :)

The download is 21MB

* Link to Preview * Right click and copy/save the file.

Also according to IOMTT.com where I found the link, there is no official release date, the product is *still* undergoing testing by Sony and some dude called Clark who appears to work for Jester says...

As soon as we have a definite release date I'll post it up on the site before we release it officially anywhere else and I'll be e-mailing everyone on our list.

The retailers are guesstimating and the only official date will now come from me once we know exactly when it will be.

Source: IOM TT.com Message Board

Archived