Manx Tt / Jester Interactive

Slim

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way the course seems to be mapped out, looks very, very good, but from the link to the screenshots, much of the scenery just looks like 2d bitmaps (trees - spectators etc) - it makes the whole thing look at least five years old to me.

I can appreciate there's a huge amount of info to squeeze in there, such as the details for the road (corners, width, elevation, bitmaps for the roadmarkings etc) and then having to add the rest of the eye candy, but it still (IMHO) does look vary dated.

I'm sure the game will be fantastically playable, - but as mentioned in my previous post - would love to see a PC version using a modern graphics engine such as Steam.

having played the game at the southern 100 launch on monday it is amazing out

on the 22nd of april very very realistic and the course TT and S100 are outstanding in graphic form and the machine response is amazing

When they first released steam, they needed to shut it down after a day because they couldnt handle the load... When it came back online again, it still took ages to update (connection errors half way through update). Most people found the same problems.

Also, even if you change the settings of a game to "do not update automatically" it still updates it and the 'monitor' window is always at 99% (complete), but yet the steam icon is still working away.

They seem to have correct most bugs since the release of HL2 ive noticed.

[/moan]

Off thread, but talking about graphics...

I found an animated film tonight on a web design tutorial site. Apparently it was created on an Athlon 1.4 using '3Ds Max' (whatever that is...)

* This Wonderful Life *

The animation is 26Mb, so requires a broadband connection.

...it features some of the most advanced and complex facial expressions I've seen in a non commercial film. Both technically and artistically an amazing job. The short film was made by Liam Kemp and took 23 months to finish. Maybe you did already know about this but if not I highly recommend watching it...

For those without BB (and of course those with) there are a selection of 'stills' on the designer's homepage *Here*

The 'plot' is debatable, but the animation is pretty good.

Also linked in 'The Internet's Finest Hour' for those not reading this thread.

When they first released steam, they needed to shut it down after a day because they couldnt handle the load... When it came back online again, it still took ages to update (connection errors half way through update). Most people found the same problems.

Also, even if you change the settings of a game to "do not update automatically" it still updates it and the 'monitor' window is always at 99% (complete), but yet the steam icon is still working away.

They seem to have correct most bugs since the release of HL2 ive noticed.

[/moan]

My meaning was it would be great to see Manx TT released on a system with a good "modern " graphics engine, such as Steam - which is one of the most advanced GFX engines I have seen.

There were problems regarding the release of HL2, and the lack of server capacity when people were trying to validate their purchases - this seems to have been fixed, and still doesn't detract from the fact that the Steam engine is light years ahead of the GFX capabilities of the PS2.

im not complaining about the HL2 graphics engie at all. I know your not too :). Its just steam is a pile of xxxx! When the last time you had 'Friends' working? For me, sometimes it doesnt even connect, and if it does, it takes forever for a message to be received on the other end.

Archived