Manx Tt / Jester Interactive

Slim

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good news, just got this from a friend at Duke Video...

" We are now able to announce that Duke has been appointed by Jester Interactive as Sole UK and Ireland distributor for the new game, and the press releasewill be going out shortly. This means we shall be supplying all the big retailers as well as mail order.

There have been delays and mis-information, because the previously appointed UK distributor (BigBen Interactive UK) were unable to fulfil their contract, which now has been terminated by Jester. BigBen's French parent company remains as distributor in France and Germany.

The original release date of 22 April stands, and stock will be here next week, with more to follow rapidly to meet the demand as soon as possible.

The early orders for this game are very promising. If you see or hear of people who are confused as to when the game will be available, please feel free to pass this information on, post to a forum, or whatever is necessary.

www.dukevideo.com or call 01624 640000 to order your copy "

From the IOM TT Message Board (again)

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've replied to your posts. We have been focussed on the release of TT Superbikes across the UK and Europe along with our efforts to release the game in the U.S.

Firstly, we have experienced a 'last minute' problem with distribution in the UK with Big Ben advising us last Friday that they had appointed an administrative receiver.

Jester have had to find a new distributor very quickly and we have now appointed Duke Marketing to handle all UK distribution for TT Superbikes.

The release date remains the 22nd April and TT Superbikes is currently being manufactured by Sony in time for the 22nd.

Thanks to Peter Duke and Duke Marketing we have been able to overcome the very unfortunate situation of Big Ben going into receivership and we are looking forward to releasing TT Superbikes on the 22nd April.

I hope this clarifies the situation and I will do my best to resume my replies on the forum.

With best wishes

Clark

Jester Interactive Publishing.

They've had their problems bringing this into fluition but I'm confident it will be released through Duke Marketting on the 22nd. I've spoken to Clark @ Jester many times and the game is fully complete for launch and is just going through the Sony production.

So long as you order it through Duke you should receive the game on the 22nd April.

Just got the new Officical Playstation Magazine ( May 05 ) through the post, in it they review the game....

" TT Superbides will excite bikers in the same way GT4 electrifies car nuts. Painstakingly reproducing the 37-mile circuit, there's a possibility it will mean nothing to you, but it means everything to those who like their thrills on 2 wheels. The accuracy is impressive. Unfortunately, whereas GT4 engages with its reams of depth, TT Superbikes lacks polish and just isn't as much fun.

The arcade and challenge modes are surprisingly varied, considering TT superbikes is focused on 1 location, and winning races unlocks garagefuls of helmets, exhausts and the like. That said, there's little pre-race tinkering to be done beyond deciding on fuel levels or what colour bike to ride. And what's more, the actual racing grows tedious and frustating, since the course is mostly a long straight road :huh: with a few very tight corners dropped in. Unless you're familiar with the twitcheness of motorbike handling you'll find yourself eating the hedgerow in the turns again and again.

The amount of effort that's been put into recreating the event is obvious, and if you've always fancied roaring thorough the narrow manx streets then this is for you. Beut if you've only got the funds for just one bike racer , you might do best to wait for Moto GP 4."

They score the game 6/10

I'm still getting it! :lol:

This date is due to the change in distribution, I believe the 22nd date is still on if you order through Duke as they are the sole distributor now.

The date with gameplay may go back further still yet.

As its back to May with Amazon.co.uk

another email from gameplay - now saying 29th april...

Archived