Manx Tt / Jester Interactive

Slim

They are following this up with more versions so it can and will only get better, I have spoken to the director of Jester on numerous occassions and he has "unofficially" confirmed this.  I'd also imagine this will undoubtedly mean the next version will be on another platform as he did say that they really hit the limits of the PS2.

Are you sure? Jester have gone bust, and binned all the staff. I knew a couple of lads who worked on the game, who got laid off last year.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats what Clark at Jester told me and he is the director. If they've gone bust then how have they continued development of the software?

I don't claim to know the ins and outs of it I'm just saying what I've been told from the horses mouth.

If they've gone bust then how have they continued development of the software

From what i have heard the game was in it's playable state when they went bust and all they were waiting on was for it to be sent to sony for testing. Jester have definitely gone into recievership

yes i heard that they near compelted the game wnet bust and then the problem was distribution. i believe duke took over in teh end. I am a bit dissapointed in the lack of variable weather conditions. unless i just havent found it yet

I bought the game and yeah, its ok. The realism is very impressive.

But at Dukes I got a free on-bike 3 ('95, '96) with the game

A brilliant lap of the course from the Britten with Shaun Harris commentating, then Mick Boddice and Dave Wells on the sidecar . . . that is truly awesome. I got a little bored with the game (only because I'm rubbish at them) but I could watch those laps over and over. The Mad Sunday on-bike was good fun too.

Edited to add:

Interestingly, on the video Mick Boddice named the corners near the 26th Milestone "Joey Dunlops corners, because he hadn't had a corner named after him". How prophetic!

i agree with slim, MotoGP is alot better. Its a shame they didnt bring it out on PC, and really take advantage of what is capable graphics wise.

I remeber reading that the spec of a PS2 is only about 366MHZ, with a 32MB Gfx card... PC's are the way forward imo ;)

I had a go at a mate's house last night. I was pretty crap at it and kept crashing but I also managed to crash the game and he had to reset the Playstation. Pity he'd just qualified on another section and hadn't saved it. Said it was the first time he'd seen that Playstation crash

The houses are definitely totally different, I live on the Cronk y Voddy straight so I had to stop for a look …. They have my house in perfect detail right down to the broken slat in the gate and the number plate saying “Cranford” on it!!!

Oh and you can see my stereo in the living room window ha ha ha..

Must be from some sort of photograph I think.

Must admit I am getting a bit fed up with it now, got the 1000`s open on arcade and can get no further, I can just get in sight of the time board at Lambfel and that’s it, if the racers go as mad as I have been to get that far then I take my hat of to them.

At least it doesn’t hurt when you fall off

:D

go for the golds on the challenge mode, and it unlocks some faster bikes, there is a race prepped r1 which you will then rip through the time challenges if you can control it - got a 17.33 on it mad sunday mode is fun too, the nitro mode is just stupid but so funny!

i am lead to believe that 'Sony' own the complete licence to the game so i cant see it coming out on Pc just yet, wait till the sales slow and then they may have abit of a rethink

Archived