The Clubs Over Here Are Craaaap

the_kitty

Hey Kitty I feel bad for slating it, but somtimes certain forms of music baffle me as to why people like it, although many people think dance music in general is just a load of "funny noises"!!!! So i guess we all have different tastes! Like, i dont get how people can be into gabba! I mean WTF!!!!!

I love jungle and drum n bass, but many of my mates hate it with a passion!!

I also love a bit of Irish folk song, and my man is like WTFook is that your playing, and im the same when he puts his smoooooth slow RnB tunes on, that to me sometimes sound like someone whinging constantly about not getting enough pussy or whatever!!!!!

Lets celebrate our diversity!

But nah seriously what is it that you actually like about hard house??

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Like hard house in the way a lot of car lovers like driving fast. I like the pace, bass you can feel hit you solid unlike funky house bass that hits you like a slow and wet prolonged fart.

What makes hard house different is that it is very fast and bouncy but not at all repetitive like Techno can be. There are lots of catchy riffs and basslines, vocals as well.

You have to understand that hard-house tunes are very much journey taking. They come in gently, announce that they have arrived with a quick stab of the main riff, build up to a massive drop, then build up to high heaven and then attack, and come back for seconds.

Hard House is more suited to dancing really, the determination to keep up with the bpm with whatever you can throw in.

Where house is gelled back quiffs and ben sherman shirts with big cuffs,hard house is sweat dreanched t-shirts, sweat bands and spikey hair. Events with people there enjoying the music and not giving a damn if their hair is out of place, hot arenas of people going absolutely bonkers to the music, not a beverage on the dancefloor.. you can't stomp your tits off with a pint glass in your hand!

Each to their own, I have brought so many people to tidy events that had never been or were into the music and have come away as enthusiastic as i am. it's a community of clubbers that you would never find the likes of anywhere in the world. And just to think it all stemmed from one record... Hyperlogic - "Only me"

Denzel I think you kind of generalised slightly there with the fashion analysis! The old Lagered up Ben Shermans stereotype of lads into house, and of people more worried about their appearance, which is just not true!! Go to some squat parties (house/techno) and you will see sweaty people with scruffs on just feelin the music - even just go to some clubs in East end and you will see the vibe is not (just) lads with spikey hair etc!

I personally feel that when I hear hard house that its souless??? cant help it, just the way I hear it - to me its too manufactuered sounding, just constant bang bang bang - getting faster - rolling into one constant track! maybe I havent listene to enough of it! I think it just irritates me??

Although I really dont like funky house, its a bit too cupatea cupatea cupatea (if you konw what i mean!) and your constantly waiting for the bass to drop!

To be honest I dont really know much about the genre of different dance music, although i love tribal house, breakbeat, jungle, D&B, lLEftfield, ove big phat beats with soulful lyrics! Also love electro and eclectic nights where you will have the Cure, Love Song mixed into BOB by OUtkast!(heard recently at Fabric - heavyweight!) - saw Diplo (amazing!)

I guess everyone hears music in their own way and people are into different scenes etc - and Im open to most stuff an have listened and gone to nights, but hard house is one I simply cant get into! Although I can see tha it could be euphoric!

I agree Mups and the last thing I wanted to do was offend anyone!! Oh an I was a bit hasty to slate Trance, some of it is ok, i just had bad experiences when I was traveling with Isreali people wearing day glow jump suits and white gloves into their trance and thats al they usedto go on about!! hahaha!

Anyway music is a gift in whatever form! :)

Archived