Douglas Corporation Is Going To Spend £100k Of Ratepayers Money On A Piece Of Concrete Slab!

manxchatterbox

On the 9th of November Agenda in the minutes of the Policy and Resources Committee reference is made to the P&R Minutes of Friday 28 October in which it was reported that approval was given to a budget transfer of £100,000 (one hundred thousand pounds) for "the procurement of a composting slab at Ballaughton Nursery"

Good god almighty what's this all about??

why is a composting slab needed???

how has all the composting up to now been done??

why do the corpy need to procure a slab??

doesn't the Corpy have the in-house means to lay some concrete??

what will the benefit be of using a concrete slab over whatever they use at the moment?

who says they need a concrete slab??

is the compost going to be any the better for having been on a new concrete slab?

- does anyone out there now what's going on and can let the ratepayers in on it - or is the subject too much hardcore??

This abuse + misuse of tax payers money has allways gone on im afraid.

I think we should thank our lucky stars that we dont live in the uk where they waste £200 MILLION on usless domes!!! :(

Just which universe or planet these people in control + power are from, I just havent a clue!

Its the same with the police now wanting to be armed with guns?

Nope im totally 100% against this insane idea, there will be far to many innocent people being shot + either killed or injured + we will find that no one within the police force is heald accountable nor any consequences issued resulting from there actions, just like there never are :angry:

A bullet proof vest is that is lightweigh needs to be invented for the police, its not hard to invent, its easy!

But the more force thats used to combat crime, the more fierce + dangerous crime will become!!!

I think we should thank our lucky stars that we dont live in the uk where they waste £200 MILLION on usless domes!!! :(

Hehe, who said it had to be a dome? :rolleyes::ph34r:

I thought the domes overspend took it to over £1 Billion, now theres a waste....

Ok declan i will move on from not mentioning THE dome, but it was just so criminal to waste all that money like they did, when a childrens hopsital could of been built!

Didnt realise AlexMcC that the wastage on domes ect took it into BILLIONS!

I GIVE UP! :(

But id also like to point out , i have every sympathy for the police woman officer who was shot dead + murdered in cold blood recently by scum, my heart goes out to her, her familey + freinds ect.

It was a tragic end to a beautifull life.

However it does not mean the police should now be armed with guns.

Archived