Pharmacy Rota For Out Of Hours Service

pharmacist

EXCLUSIVE LEAKED NEWSFLASH!

The Gov has decided to stop paying pharmacists the measly £80 per week to open late each night and on Sunday lunchtime to dispense emergency prescriptions. Apparently we can all go to the Lloyds in Shoprite instead. So, old folk, would you like to pay for a taxi or will you have to take the hour's walk up to Victoria Road? Better make sure you've got a prescription for a shot of adreniline to get you home.

Caring for the community? Hilarious!

And surely the fact that it's a rota means that some weeks it will be close by, but some further away? I don't even know where to find out what chemist is the duty chemist that week so at least I know where I can go week in week out now.

It's on Manx Radio every day too, whose open as duty chemist that day and when.

As it is now, small towns that only have one chemist (Laxey for example) have the same chemist opening late and every Sunday lunchtime.

This now means that they (probably) won't bother, so anyone who needs a prescription dispensing or any other remedies will have to travel into Douglas. Not very handy, especially if you're old or of limited mobility - the buses on a sunday are practically non-existant.

Chemists are running businesses not charities, why on earth would they open if they're not being paid any extra (assuming they're fairly quiet when they open as duty chemist)? £80s pathetic anyway, but it's better than nowt and seems to be working..

I'd just assumed it was Douglas chemists only. I agree that the out of town people are going to kinda screwed over here. I guess we'll have to wait until we see the official announcement before we can judge it properly.

Archived