The Isle Of Man's Very Own Alan Wicker

TheTool

Well is it me or is this Gentleman having more and more time away from the island this must be the third such trip in as many months.

And yes there is not a thing you can do to stop it.

Alan Wicker Wannabe

He's not the only one - AG in Australia recently, then back, then off again to the USA. CM going to Washington soon - WTF is all this about! About time we/someone asked what we are getting out of all these trips. Just to say, "Contact with other government's represenatives were made" and "the profile of the IOM has been lifted" is not good enough! DTL Minister off to Saudi soon as well! :angry:

Downie is off to Dubai AGAIN next month he has also been to Greece twice this year on Government Business, is his wife also his PA :lol:

Was he also not one of the four man team that went to the USA at a cost of over 30k for less than a week, just to look at the way hotels are built in Florida and west coast

Nice that these types get free holidays, when there are so many elderly people living on so little money it makes me wonder where their hearts are. No concience, I'm not politically inclined but, if I were, I would pay for my own trips off Island - by way of showing the people I'm not just in it for the money (or free trips/meals/brown paper bags...)

I think that the people of the Isle of Man are quite able to promote the Island abroad when holidaying, is there any need for politicians to use government money for the same? In light of current expensive occurances on the Island (the MEA millions etc...), shouldn't the government be saving money, not wasting it?

This to me is disgusting, the old and the sick need the money not these free loaders.

We have a wonderfull thing called the internet why on god's earth can they not use that to promote the island.

Also there is a thing called video conferance can they not use this to talk to other places.

Its about time the Jolly's stiopped.

I was chatting to a certian MLC's relative and he told me he was getting about 15 trips a year.

If you are a member of the jollys club reading this SHAME ON YOU.

This to me is disgusting, the old and the sick need the money not these free loaders.

We have a wonderfull thing called the internet why on god's earth can they not use that to promote the island.

Also there is a thing called video conferance can they not use this to talk to other places.

Its about time the Jolly's stiopped.

I was chatting to a certian MLC's relative and he told me he was getting about 15 trips a year.

If you are a member of the jollys club reading this SHAME ON YOU.

You cant dish the free whisky out over the internet

The 'Global Challenge' yacht race

Well, well obviously the Americans weren't listening the last time!!! We'd better get over again an' speak at them!

Along with this article -

Chief minister, the man of the people

"Once I stop getting excitement and enjoyment (and trips round the world) out of it I'll pack it in, but I haven't got to that stage yet, he confided". I bet you haven't. ;)

Archived