Christmas Party Costs?

manxchatterbox

Just thinking how much was spent in the past by the MEA on Christmas parties and how the subject was subject to questions and debate in Tynwald.....makes me wonder.....how much of ratepayers money does Douglas Corporation spend on Christmas parties?

for example how much was spent for each of teh last two years and how much is the Corpy budgeting for this year????

The MEA has fuck all to do with the Corpy, the staff at the Corpy all put a few quid in the Kitty and go on a pub Crawl.

If your interested in the Corpy spending, check out how much the Mayors bill is for Booze each year and thats paid by the rate payers

ooh testy. Your boyfriend doesnt work for the corpy does he?

btw How much have the MEA spent on christmas parties?

raw nerve there then...I was only asking 'cos I didn't know ..and if you don't ask you never find out 'till you've been done over.....then its too late 'cos the money's been spent...

I imagine it would be about £1 million, i mean, it costs quite a bit to get Peter Kay in for his best 20 minute set :P

What's the cost per head though and how does this compare say to, oooh I dunno any other large organisation over here???

Just curious, I mean Christmas spirit and all that.

Surely, even government employees are entitled to a Christmas parteh aren't they?

Or maybe you all believe that, as civil servants these people are somehow less worthy?

Answers in your own time please...

I dunno how many work for the MEA or if that includes ALL employees. It does sound a lot but then I'm sure the bill for Barclays or any other large employer over here would be pretty sizeable too.

I get the feeling that manxchatterbox is actually Mrs Crumlin as all we get is half the story...

I dunno how many work for the MEA or if that includes ALL employees. It does sound a lot but then I'm sure the bill for Barclays or any other large employer over here would be pretty sizeable too.

I get the feeling that manxchatterbox is actually Mrs Crumlin as all we get is half the story...

Well, in this case it's a tynwald question, so the answers on record. Private firms tend to splash out when the goings good, and cut back when they're struggling. The MEA's clearly got financial problems, plus it's spending public money, so I personally dont think over a ton a head for an xmas party is appropriate.

I don't work anymore 'cos got made redundant and ageism is rampant so am now on social and not earning the average wage quoted by Quentin Gill on MR just now of £500 per week - so no Christmas party here either - maybe one of Gellings free range eggs with chips for Christmas dinner and as a luxury log on to this site and see who else is all alone and not sharing Christmas :(

Archived