One For The Road

Amadeus

24/7 Booze  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If it's any consolation, I'm not violent when drunk. I agree with the food comment - I love food and would buy it to go with a drink more if it was available. If I'm ever not drinking and I'm in a pub I just get a pint of cordial as it seems to be the cheapest thing on the list. Also it isn't horrible and fizzy like coke, etc.

More choice and the ability to take your time are what is needed for it all to work I think.

Also, you're a filthy liar and have been sick through drink many times, as I recall... :D

I have, unfortunately - the follies of youth.

Nowhere near as many times as you fair knight! And admittedly they were back in the throws of the teenage years when I was but an apprentice in the world of alcohol. Now I'm a munch more conscientious drunkard; I find it helps to mix my drinks as much as possible and then eat as much as I can afford from Star Grill :D

I very rarely drink, purely because I don't see the attraction of it.

The new laws that have been brought out seem to be overshadowing the pubs and clubs responsibilities to their consumers. I think if the establishment's were a bit stricter about who they serve i.e. not serving under age drinkers and drunks, I think this would reduce the amount of drink related crimes etc.

If I knew a good club would definately kick me off the premises for drinking to much, then i would be more inclined to pace the drinks better instead of binge drinking.

I can't see the new laws changing much to be honest.

I've not read the whole thread, so forgive me if this point has been made before, but .....

The UK's previously restrictive licensing laws since WWI (I think) have created a culture of drinking as an end in itself rather than the more liberal mainland European attitude where drinking is just a part of an evening out. It will take a long time for that culture to change and whether this is the correct step on the way to that change is debateable.

The main counter we have to replicating the cafe culture of the continent is the weather! Tehre is something uniquely relaxing in just sitting at a table outside a bar or cafe on a balmy evening just watching all humanity passing by and sipping a cool and frothy lager!

Time to book a holiday, I think!

Archived