And You Thought You Had Plenty

crumlin

The Islands DHSS has just announced that its to make cut backs, no new staff,No new capital projects, and best of all its to close one of its community homes in a bid to save money. For an Island thats brags to have no or little unemployment whats happend to all the monies paid in each year by the working population in the form of NI payments, is this a knock on from the MEA scandal.

Maybe you should ask who got all the NI payments from the builders of the new hospital,peel baths,iris, villa, treatment plant, government buildings, sulby water treatment plant,summerland and the new prison £500 million of capital projects have gone to off island companies over the past few years and a min of 13% of those cost are NI but not going to your DHSS

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Access what the crumlin is trying to say is that the MEA scandal has drained the government coffers.

And unlike most on here i enjoy reading crumlins posts because i like to see someone like myself looking at the government a thinking whats going on.

There is a knock on affect to what the government has been doing when it comes to new capital projects that are awarded to off island contractors.

Look at the wedding cake for example that is way behind completion and way above its quoted price, and the new prison is to be built by the same contractor.

Local firms give better value for money because most of the money stays on the island, and it also boosts jobs for locals.

The 2 new water treatment plants are being built by off island contractors, the list goes on and on.

The government has little regard for the man/woman on the street and they see being a MHK a career rather than a service.

Let's just hope that jersey don't poach a few more companies then Bell end will have something to think about.

Access what the crumlin is trying to say is that the MEA scandal has drained the government coffers.

And unlike most on here i enjoy reading crumlins posts because i like to see someone like myself looking at the government a thinking whats going on.

The government has little regard for the man/woman on the street and they see being a MHK a career rather than a service.

Let's just hope that jersey don't poach a few more companies then Bell end will have something to think about.

Correction, the government has fuck all regard for the people on the street. They are there for the career not the public service. What a sad state of affairs.

And yes Crumlin is at least one of the few people who post genuinly thought-provoking topics.

I dont know if any of you watched Trevor McDonalds tonight program lasts night , but was interesting to note the the UK accepted 250000 polish workers to the UK in the last twelve months. Poland has the highest unemployment in the west but one of the best education systems. Most of those coming to the UK were highly educated but were prepared to work at anything. In the program it expplained that a lot of the Polish workers were doing two jobs, 16 hrs plus per day at an average wage rate of £4.55 ph hours. When settled they expected to bring their families over to the UK and those families woulf be eccepted for hand outs if claimed for, this putting further presure on the DHSS and state pension funds. To me what the program was trying to get over was the employers can now compete with other countries due to being able to get two workers for the price of one and those being paid off British and left to the state to care for. Is this what our fathers went to war for, No it was to allow these countries their freedon and the right to run their own affairs and to take care of their own population it was not an invite for them to send their unemployed to our shores to rape our benifits system

I dont know if any of you watched Trevor McDonalds tonight program lasts night , but was interesting to note the the UK accepted 250000 polish workers to the UK in the last twelve months. Poland has the highest unemployment in the west but one of the best education systems. Most of those coming to the UK were highly educated but were prepared to work at anything. In the program it expplained that a lot of the Polish workers were doing two jobs, 16 hrs plus per day at an average wage rate of £4.55 ph hours. When settled they expected to bring their families over to the UK and those families woulf be eccepted for hand outs if claimed for, this putting further presure on the DHSS and state pension funds. To me what the program was trying to get over was the employers can now compete with other countries due to being able to get to workers for the price of one and those being paid off British and left to the state to care for. Is this what our father went to war for.

I'm with nipper: Keep it up, crumlin! But regarding your post above:

It's called the EU and any citizen of a member country can come to the UK and work/stay/live there, in the same way that you can move to Poland, Germany, or any other EU country to do the same (in fact, I remember meeting many people over here, mainly builders, telling me that they used to work in Germany)

If the guys from Poland or anywhere else work harder and/or are more skilled, then its their good right to make use of a free market - I think it's the Scallies that live of benefits in the UK that you should be worried about...

The British attitude towards work still isn't up to scratch compared with other EU countries, I'm afraid...

access55, I dont know what you work at but lets put it to you this way. You are employed at a business and earning £10 ph and you employer has an increased work load and needs more labour but has not got the profits to pay another man the same £10ph so he decides to sack you and employ two polish workers for £5.00ph each who wins and who loses. The boss wins as he has doubled his labour force for the same cost, you lose as your out of work and the pensioners that have paid into the DHSS lose as you will be another strain on the DHSS money pot

I dont know if any of you watched Trevor McDonalds tonight program lasts night , but was interesting to note the the UK accepted 250000 polish workers to the UK in the last twelve months. Poland has the highest unemployment in the west but one of the best education systems. Most of those coming to the UK were highly educated but were prepared to work at anything. In the program it expplained that a lot of the Polish workers were doing two jobs, 16 hrs plus per day at an average wage rate of £4.55 ph hours. When settled they expected to bring their families over to the UK and those families woulf be eccepted for hand outs if claimed for, this putting further presure on the DHSS and state pension funds. To me what the program was trying to get over was the employers can now compete with other countries due to being able to get to workers for the price of one and those being paid off British and left to the state to care for. Is this what our father went to war for.

I'm with nipper: Keep it up, crumlin! But regarding your post above:

It's called the EU and any citizen of a member country can come to the UK and work/stay/live there, in the same way that you can move to Poland, Germany, or any other EU country to do the same (in fact, I remember meeting many people over here, mainly builders, telling me that they used to work in Germany)

If the guys from Poland or anywhere else work harder and/or are more skilled, then its their good right to make use of a free market - I think it's the Scallies that live of benefits in the UK that you should be worried about...

The British attitude towards work still isn't up to scratch compared with other EU countries, I'm afraid...

If you are from the Isle of Man and have a Manx passport and NI number you are not allowed to work in the EU (some rule changes may have occured) a Manx person can only get emergency medical help in a EU country and can not get any state benifits from these countries. Manx Passports use to carry a warning on page five which states the holder of this passport does not have the right of abode or employments outside the UK

I dont know if any of you watched Trevor McDonalds tonight program lasts night , but was interesting to note the the UK accepted 250000 polish workers to the UK in the last twelve months. Poland has the highest unemployment in the west but one of the best education systems. Most of those coming to the UK were highly educated but were prepared to work at anything. In the program it expplained that a lot of the Polish workers were doing two jobs, 16 hrs plus per day at an average wage rate of £4.55 ph hours. When settled they expected to bring their families over to the UK and those families woulf be eccepted for hand outs if claimed for, this putting further presure on the DHSS and state pension funds. To me what the program was trying to get over was the employers can now compete with other countries due to being able to get to workers for the price of one and those being paid off British and left to the state to care for. Is this what our fathers went to war for, No it was to allow these countries their freedon and the right to run their own affairs and to take care of their own population it was not an invite for them to send their unemployed to our shores to rape our benifits system

Daily Mail Journalism at its finest

Our (Grand) fathers either went to war because they were in the army or had no choice because they were 'called-up' go to war or go to Gaol. I'm not sure they were considering the future european union and the economical migrants that the differing prosperities of member states would bring and how this would lead to a potential drain on the future benfits system

How far back do you go - which war do you stop at -

'We never fought those Romans just so the dodgy vikings can come over here to pinch all the best bloody spuds n'herrin'

From now on saying 'my father never fought in the war just to allow ......(insert outrage)' should be called doing a crumlin and the topic closed

If you are from the Isle of Man and have a Manx passport and NI number you are not allowed to work in the EU (some rule changes may have occured) a Manx person can only get emergency medical help in a EU country and can not get any state benifits from these countries. Manx Passports use to carry a warning on page five which states the holder of this passport does not have the right of abode or employments outside the UK

I was under the Impression that Manx passport = British passport, at least as far as laws and rights of employment, etc, were concerned - if you can convince me otherwise, then I will admit to being wrong but still don't get your point about people working in the UK, as the IOM isn't part of the UK....

Archived