Will You Be Voting

TheTool

Will you be voting in the next election  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lets here what you have to say

I would love to vote on the island as your vote counts for a lot more than in the UK. (30ish representatives from 76,000 compared with 600ish from 60,000,000). Since going to uni, working in the UK and Poland I've never really lived on Mann as an adult.

I didn't vote as none of the options apply to me - how about a 'I can't vote' option?

Does anyone know if the guy who used to own Route 66 and the chippy on the quay is still involved in politics - I'd heard he was quite radical.

Once in every five years we get a chance to show whether or not we approve of our government. It takes no more than a couple of minutes. Not to do so would be little better than criminal.

And for those who say they can't be bothered, or that the same people always get elected - if you're not happy about the situation - do something! Either stand for the Keys yourself or start persuading someone with ability to do so - the more candidates there are, the more choice voters have.

Once in every five years we get a chance to show whether or not we approve of our government. It takes no more than a couple of minutes. Not to do so would be little better than criminal.

And for those who say they can't be bothered, or that the same people always get elected - if you're not happy about the situation - do something! Either stand for the Keys yourself or start persuading someone with ability to do so - the more candidates there are, the more choice voters have.

I disagree. Voting is important but people must maintain to right to not vote. It's a useful tool to show apathy and disenchantment with the system. By not voting you are showing that you can't even support any of the people standing and hopefully it'll encourage change in the system. I've always voted (in the UK) but I respect people who make a political choice not to vote - as opposed to those who can't be bothered.

this is such a load of crap,thats always trotted out. you have every right to feel disenchanted with the system,to complain about it,to moan the same old ppl always get in. who wants to stand a a politician??? not many,its a shit job where you get no privacy

the more candidates isnt always the better either,look at the situation we have in south douglas where there are so many always standing that the votes are split between all the new standers,so the old crap always get in!

I disagree. Voting is important but people must maintain to right to not vote. It's a useful tool to show apathy and disenchantment with the system. By not voting you are showing that you can't even support any of the people standing and hopefully it'll encourage change in the system. I've always voted (in the UK) but I respect people who make a political choice not to vote - as opposed to those who can't be bothered.

That is a choice, but it's a very poor one. There is no way of knowing why the people who didn't vote made that choice. A better option would be to write across the polling slip something like 'None of these tossers!' At least you'd be making your feelings clear.

That is a choice, but it's a very poor one. There is no way of knowing why the people who didn't vote made that choice. A better option would be to write across the polling slip something like 'None of these tossers!' At least you'd be making your feelings clear.

True a spoilt ballot says a lot more than abstaining. Some people may also abstain or spoil ballot papers because they don't agree with the system - those who want proportional representation have little choice. A vote for their chosen candidate will make little difference under first-past-the-post. The Lib Dems generally get around 20% of the vote in the UK but struggle to get more than 10% under the current system. Therefore votes are being wasted as the bigger parties increase their members disproportionally.

Is first-past-the-post used on Mann?

Archived