Isle Of Man Branding

TheTool

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So now we've spent a fortune on a new Manx Flag embazened with "Freedom To Flourish" - what happens now?

Aren't we back to good old fashion marketing and coming up with some commonsensical ideas to bringing finance and investment into the island - which, arguably, if we were any good at we wouldn't have needed to spend all that money on coming up with a branding slogan in the first place.

Let's face it, we could have thought of several slogans (and better ones) on here in a matter of minutes.

Duh! :angry:

So now we've spent a fortune on a new Manx Flag embazened with "Freedom To Flourish" - what happens now?

Aren't we back to good old fashion marketing and coming up with some commonsensical ideas to bringing finance and investment into the island - which, arguably, if we were any good at we wouldn't have needed to spend all that money on coming up with a branding slogan in the first place.

Let's face it, we could have thought of several slogans (and better ones) on here in a matter of minutes.

Duh! :angry:

the governments new slogan would be,YOU ARE FREE TO DO AS WE TELL YOU...

• 1 month later...

It was 'symbolism!' (Haven't you read the Da Vinci Code?)

The balloons were representative of the government - full of hot air and likely to be taken in whatever direction the wind blows.

The pens were indicative of the UK and European legislation that is normally presented for signature without even being read by anyone.

The key holders were to show that we're all locked into a mindset that belongs to a previous age.

Check out 'Another Dam Production for the Isle of Man Government', sorry, the Freedom to Flourish video :lol:

http://www.gov.im/cso/flourish/downloads.xml

The brand book is quite good, along with the report to Tynwald I'd say we got our money out of it... so long as implementation goes ahead and builds momentum.

P.S. the 'DAM Production' thing will make sense if you watch the video til the end :)

mhhh, not a badly made video at all.

In my more cynical moods, I see all the gloss and self proclamation as being like covering a festering boil. Eventually the boil will burst.

There are many dissatisfied people on this Island, for example, apparently over 30 petitions of grievance were presented at Tynwald this year. There will be more. Tynwald day did not have huge crowds this year (contrary to newspaper/radio reports) - despite the superb weather. Although the MEA is just about forgot and so is Mount Murray and the NED thing will just fizzle out. Perhaps we'll all 'Move on', 'Draw a line under it'.

I shall however, brush up on my film-making software and produce a video depicting the said glossy boil exploding. I shall need a singer and some groovy locations. I'll let you know how I get on.

mhhh, not a badly made video at all.

In my more cynical moods, I see all the gloss and self proclamation as being like covering a festering boil. Eventually the boil will burst.

There are many dissatisfied people on this Island, for example, apparently over 30 petitions of grievance were presented at Tynwald this year. There will be more. Tynwald day did not have huge crowds this year (contrary to newspaper/radio reports) - despite the superb weather. Although the MEA is just about forgot and so is Mount Murray and the NED thing will just fizzle out. Perhaps we'll all 'Move on', 'Draw a line under it'.

I shall however, brush up on my film-making software and produce a video depicting the said glossy boil exploding. I shall need a singer and some groovy locations. I'll let you know how I get on.

I think a lot of people are looking to the upcoming election to draw a line under the activities of Tynwald, its members and the executive over the past five years. Fingers crossed! :ph34r:

Archived