Us Uses Foreign States To Torture People

cheesemonster2005

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had an Uncle, a lovely man who i miss greatly and he was a bigot/racist.

He would tell me, son i would never knowingly speak to a catholic or a campbell, his bigotry was learned from infancy in his enviroment, not from any experiance of catholics or campbells.

I had an Uncle, a lovely man who i miss greatly and he was a bigot/racist.

He would tell me, son i would never knowingly speak to a catholic or a campbell, his bigotry was learned from infancy in his enviroment, not from any experiance of catholics or campbells.

fair comment, however, i would hasten to add that you uncle, lovely man though he could have been, was stupid. to make generalisations on people having no experience of them, is not racist or bigoted, just stupid in the most broad sense of the word.

"racist? how can i be racist? i didnt even know those little arab bastards existed til 9/11" to quote a comedian. ignorance is ignorance. racism is racism. the two are quite separate.

quite right, ignorance or lack of experience is one of many routes to racism. On a nice note, in later years my Uncle recanted and regretted his earlier bigotry and it was his time spent on the island away from Glasgow that taught him the error of his ways.

Hurrah! Nothing like cheap racism to really add validity to your views on world politics. Come on, Enoch, tell me more.
There is NOTHING so cheap as bigotry.

Dear Oh dear Mr Phildo, not a little tired and confused are we?

If scum find it objectionable to be referred to as scum, well good. But it's not bigoted or racist, it's because of how they are. Cause and effect. Basically no different from having a good laugh at the thicko, slack-jawed, burberry apes called Chavs. So don't bother climbing onto any assumed moral high ground to try and take a pop at it as in my eyes you're just making a fool of yourself.

If you are wanting to enter the debate PK has started centered around racism I think it would be best to post in the specially created "Racism" Topic. ... but don't let me stop you if you want to carry on!

If you are wanting to post about the US and Torture post away.

• 1 year later...

While everyone seems to be focussed on the Unicef Report On Children's Well-being, THIS LITTLE ITEM, about secret CIA flights which allowed the US to forcibly remove terror suspects, appears to be slipping by.

The UK, Germany and Italy were among 14 states which allowed the US to forcibly remove terror suspects, MEPs said.

The EU parliament voted to accept a resolution condemning member states who accepted or ignored the practice.

The EU report said the US had operated 1,200 flights, flying suspects on to states where they could face torture.

The report was adopted by a large majority, with 382 MEPs voting in favour, 256 against and 74 abstaining.

The final version denounces the lack of co-operation of many EU member states and it condemns the actions of secret services and governments who accepted and concealed renditions.

The report defines extraordinary renditions as instances where "an individual suspected of involvement in terrorism is illegally abducted, arrested and/or transferred into the custody of US officials and/or transported to another country for interrogation which, in the majority of cases involves incommunicado detention and torture".

Archived