Bradda Head Fire

manxchatterbox

I see the Bradda Head fire made it the MR web-site - so is Nipper happy (seeing as his thread that mentioned it did a disappearing act last night)?

Does anyone live on Bradda Head? Are there any buildings there? If not, what's the point in them reporting it? Reporting trivial news stories just makes the island look stupid and pathetic (i.e. 'Marown opens new litter bin').

tried that and got this

"Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again."

The report in to this is available on the Tynwald web site

And the thread hasn't been deleted.

Is this a standard of the gossip we are to expect from you Ms Chatterbox?

A news story about soemthing that happened last year, that was reported on the wireless at the weekend, on a website today, and on the forums yesterday on a thread that hasn't been deleted. Hardly the scoop of the centuary is it.

You've got us expecting Tsunamis to wipe the South of the Island and Tunnels to Wales from you, not old news.

And the thread hasn't been deleted.

Is this a standard of the gossip we are to expect from you Ms Chatterbox?

A news story about soemthing that happened last year, that was reported on the wireless at the weekend, on a website today, and on the forums yesterday on a thread that hasn't been deleted. Hardly the scoop of the centuary is it.

You've got us expecting Tsunamis to wipe the South of the Island and Tunnels to Wales from you, not old news.

Aha, Chatterbox has uncovered a great Mod conspiracy. I knew it!

Dish the dirt and tell us all.

(troll alert)

Right . . . .

the thread wasn't started by me, but I did contribute.

I just pointed out an example of a Manx Radio news item on Saturday that didn't apear on the website. The item being the redress of grievance by Moorhaouse Farm who are landowners on Bradda, where the substantial fire was. (incidentally there were quite a few houses potentially in danger)

Anyway, I now realise that the news item must have stemmed from the release of the Tynwlad report Tynwald Committee (thanks mission jim) and made a useful news item for the weekend.

Because a number of government departments are actually criticised, there seemed to be a good conspiracy theory going. But anyway, Manx Radio brought it into the news today. Good ol' Manx Radio is what I say

Have I dug myself out of that hole yet??

ps . . . . the thread DID get removed, I can't be bothered to search the cache, but it has been deleted. The sparks must have flown after I possibly stirred things up a bit and then I went to sleep. As you do.

A couple of points...

1. Why are you thanking me?

2. The thread has not been deleted. Search all you like and you won't find it. It has been set to invisible, pending mod discussion.

No conspiracy at all, just protecting the interests of the site from a small percentage of the members that fail to grasp the implications of potentially actionable comments (that doesn't include you btw, before you go off on some bizarre paranoia trip).

Archived