Ps2 To Wireless Router

bazcabs

So I've decided to buy the kids a couple of PS2's for Christmas. I'm new to this gaming lark and have heard that you can play these things online. Rather than run cables from upstairs to downstairs is it possible to get some kind of Wireless Network adapter for the PS2, the missus will go made if there is CAT5 all over the house.

Thanks for that Ans. I was hoping that there might be some kind of RJ45 to wireless dongle that I could just use. If I have to run CAT5 from bedroom to bedroom to connect to the hub to connect to the bridge, I might just end up poking a hole in the ceiling and going straight to the DG834G. It's still got a couple of spare ports on it that I'm not using at the moment.

Thanks to all for all the advice.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a bit late to the party here, but just something worth mentioning.

I have a Linksys WGA54G for use with my PS2 and it's not a good idea to place a hub or switch between the console and the wireless bridge.

It's designed to handle only 1 connection, any more and it gets confused and drops your connection forcing a reset.

This was a pain in the arse because I wanted my laptop on it aswell, but bought a wireless card since.

So there you go...

Archived