Traffic Cameras

Cholmondley-Warner

I have no problem with Speed Camera's, you get caught its your own fault. But I think some of the speed limits want looking at in conjunction with them. I live on a 30mph road, which is single track, pot holed and twisty, it would be suicide to actually do more than 20, but then you get stretches of road, with clear visibility, no houses, and a 30mph zone when 40 or 50 would be fine. There seems to be no consistancy.

Wonder where they are going to put them, on my way home the other night I saw a police van with a hand held camera, however, he was on a really sharp (like 90 degree) bend, which is impossible to speed round. I doubt he made much profit on the tickets that night.

If you see any solar panels on the side roads, thats the proposed site for the speed cameras when there installed.

Seen some about, 3 on the mountain road and 1 in Santon.

Its a good idea, may reduce people speeding and the little boy racers.

Espc that TWAT in the green MX5 ( ManxPower Sticker on it, Yes you, you wanker ) who nearly hit me the other day and kindly shouted " watch where the fuck your going ", I didn't know you were allowed to a 180 and mount a pavement.

If I see your car and you, I will happily be putting dog shit under the handles on your car doors, enjoy the smell under finger nails tosser * rant over *

the paper don't report dog shit smearing incidents either as a rule do they :P

There's been one of those solar panels on the LA straight for ages....but there's no speed limit there. Hope they're not planning on putting some stupid limit in places like that then sticking in a camera. maybe we could start our own branch of Motorists Against Detection if they start that.

the paper don't report dog shit smearing incidents either as a rule do they :P

There's been one of those solar panels on the LA straight for ages....but there's no speed limit there.

I was thinking about that particular panel aswell. I doubt they'd make a speed limit there, it's not as though there's been a load of accidents there or that it's a tight spot.

Most drivers here have a problem with red lights.

You see, the problem is they never see enough of them. If only Manx cars were fitted with red stop lights (lets say two in the rear .. one each side for instance) .. then everyone would get the hang of the idea.

While Im on such a radical idea, lets put two white ones on the front ... to show everyone where they are on the roads ... and so the driver can see at night ....

:lol:

Ah! another invention - some real bright ones to light the road in the fog .. maybe then everyone can see these brighter ones in the fog too - and added road safety measure you are sure to agree.

As theses are an important road safety measure - Im sure that everyone will use them in the correct manor, as they do horns, seat belts and handbrakes. Renault, Citroen and Vauxhall could offer them a a retro fit their smaller under powered shopping trolley type cars - such as the Clio, Corsa and Saxo. This would mean that younger drivers could feel safe driving these type of cars.

For those that still feel insecure on the roads - they could offer a range of 'bolt on' after market kits. I think a pram handle (maybe fitted to the back of the car) would remind them of their prams, and a wide band of plastic along the top of the screen - just like the plastic hood they had in their pushchairs. Bright lights and flashing bits would remind them of their play pens and cots. Big wheels with lots of chrome and skinny tyres - just like the pram their mothers used to have!

Just think - they could 'pram their ride' on a shoe string, still insure it third party and not have to worry about telling their insurance company about all the bolt on bits.

Its bound to increase the value of their car no end ........ and everyone will want to buy it when they have to sell it because of the cost of the repayments on the loan they took out to buy the car in the first place.

They cannot loose! :blink:

Oh ! How I wish I was young enough to fit my 78's to the deck in the boot of my Rover.

I drive a Renault Clio (unfortunate, I know) which has fog lights attached (see previous parenthesis) and I think I've used them possibly once. When I once went over the mountain road sometime a year or so ago. It was quite foggy.

I can see why some people have them on all the time though, if they're fitted anything like the ones I've got the switch is so bloody awkward to get to it just tends to get left alone, whether they were on or not in the first place.

Archived