Manx Radio

cheesemonster2005

I do think that, after reading this topic in it's intiritey that manxchatterbox does have some kind of wierd obsession with hating Manx Radio - a lot of his / her comments don't make a whole lot of sense.

But then again, don't let a decent argument, or even common sense, get in the way of a good old whinge :P

All aboard the irony bus.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My criticisms of Manx Radio remain:

Manx Radio is exactly like its website. The design and concept remains lousy and the news reporting is vague and badly written. Some here and on other threads have said that the website doesn't matter because the funding is about radio. I disagree. I think that the lazy website exactly reflects the current poor quality of the station's daytime reporting and programming.

simon had the best comment which still remains largely valid

Is Mandate taking paid for interviews again? Thought that had beed dropped?

The other day a woman going on about how she can organises parties...bah bah bah... and my phone number is.....!!!

And today Mr Cannon "junior" taking about his employment company.

Good grief..... who on earth dug this one out of the ashes?

Doh! Stupid question ......

*Yawn, yawn, yawn.

Manx Radio is exactly like its website. The design and concept remains lousy and the news reporting is vague and badly written. Some here and on other threads have said that the website doesn't matter because the funding is about radio. I disagree. I think that the lazy website exactly reflects the current poor quality of the station's daytime reporting and programming.

I have to jump in here. Unless you are some spotty computer geek (scg), how can you fault Manx Radio website?

"Oh it uses frames" I hear some scg say. Eh, so effin what?

The site is up to date, including the Audio Vault. It supplies General New and Sports coverage. Webcams of studio and around the Island etc. It is easy to find your way around the site. Et-bloody-cetera. What more do you want?

I like to knock MR now and again too you know, but I can't really fault the website.

Edited to say that Manx Radio's coverage of Tynwald and House of Keys is absolutely spot on. It is excellent. Order papers listed, current item highlighted, webcams, profile of current questioner.

The MR site is ok - particularly as what do you compare it to.

IOM Newspapers online business section hasn't changed for 3 weeks.

We hear the economy is buoyant so I assume SOME business news of relevance must have occured since mid May. But the pages never change.

Unless you are some spotty computer geek (scg), how can you fault Manx Radio website?

For often seeming vague and badly written. Like many of the audio reports which it links to.

My post which is being quoted is 6 months ago. I seldom bother with the website now - unless someone here links to an item. I've accepted that it isn't going to change.

I seldom listen to Manx Radio - and especially since they expanded the magazine programmes into each end of lunchtime. I used to often listen to the station at lunchtime, in the car.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not part of the target audience. I never listen in, at home. I'm not complaining anymore.

Though I think it a pity that they can't find lunchtime slots for 'Agenda', 'Countryside', 'Shiaght Laa' and 'Perspective' - which are strong programmes.

am just listening to MR and some blah blah blah on home decorating / design by some dude called Paul Adams who seems to know what he's talking about...

is this sort of prog a commercial presentation he paid for seeing as how the guy's web-site/e-mail gets mentioned or does MR pay him for doing blah blah blah every week....

am just listening to MR and some blah blah blah on home decorating / design by some dude called Paul Adams who seems to know what he's talking about...

is this sort of prog a commercial presentation he paid for seeing as how the guy's web-site/e-mail gets mentioned or does MR pay him for doing blah blah blah every week....

Why don't you ring and ask, Dear. Or, better still, make yourself a nice cup of tea, have your medication and go and lie down in a darkened room - that'll make you feel better, now, won't it?

I'm totally amazed that your radio could ever be tuned to Manx Radio which leads me to surmise that you must listen to it at some point.... can't for the life of me think why.

Energy is pants so why don't you just switch off and go and find something else to do eh? Draw a little old grumpy man face on your chin and video yourself ranting upside down... it'll kill some time... I saw it on "Why Don't You" years ago.... so why don't you just switch off your radio and find something less boring to do... the theme music went something like that.

(Try and choose something other than your usual boring bleat about Manx Radio on ManxForums... jeez.)

Archived