Manx Radio

cheesemonster2005

hmmm, I listen in most of the time. The jovial banter mentioned is still there and we more often than not still get a one liner comment at the end of the news.

Jolly jovial banter is one of the things which defines dreadful radio IMO.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Simon, but personally I think you are out of order.

Now, do you remember when GF for some reason joined Stu Lowe for a few weeks during Stu Lowe's (normally brilliant) morning show on Manx radio? You may have had a point then. That was painful. :)

Anyway, George has now found 3fm of course, where he presents quite a lot. It looks like market forces have shown him to be doing ok though.

hmmm, I listen in most of the time. The jovial banter mentioned is still there and we more often than not still get a one liner comment at the end of the news.

Yes, when will the likes of Chris Tarrant, Terry Wogan, Sarah Cox ever learn!

Exactly. All that bogus cheer.

Which I agree with. The appallingly banal garbage they come out with really is cringemaking. They also tend to do it when someone else is put on air with something you want to hear. So you get this dreadfull crap while waiting for the weather, traffic reports etc etc and have to wait while the "presenter" "interacts" with the airhead with the bulletin. It's just awful.

Next you'll be telling me that Julie Andrews was actually a bogus nun!

It's entertainment for Chrissakes, of course it's bogus! But wit and repartee between two presenters when they are really winging it, is entertaining. Chris Tarrant was a master at it on Capital Radio with the weather girl Cara. When she left (under suspicious circumstances, I think they didn't actually get on) the breakfast show didn't have that edge. As I remember they tried to replace her but were not successful and CT was left to his own devices, but without a stooge the entertainment value was much reduced.

It's entertainment

Oh no it isn't.

It's entertainment

Oh no it isn't.

Well, listen to something else!

On today's lunchtime news programe to-day John Moss just did a piece about a chap called Ted Faulkner, a retired plantationowner, who is giving away, free of charge, fruit tree saplings to residents of Maughold

.....wasn't this story covered in detail by IOM Newspapers about 3/4 weeks ago??

what makes it newsworthy today? - have the saplings turned into mature trees already cos of the soil in Maughold??

read previous ...closest ever been to being "inside" MR was playing snooker with my dad at Reece's on the prom...but then you probably aren't even old enough to know where that was..in any case I'm guessing you probably regularly have your own leaving party in the 'phone box and then keep thinging your glad to be back...

will the next candidate for nomination as ex-MR be teapot?

Archived