Now This Is Taking The P*ss

TheTool

The alternative is to keep all our politicians at home squabbling amongst themselves about why the Isle of Man isn't known anywhere outside of the Irish Sea, and complaining that those pesky French and Spaniards are pinching our daily herring.

I used to have a job that involved lots of travel and staying in fancy hotels around the UK and Europe on expenses. After the first couple of nights, the appeal grew VERY thin. My family and friends thought it was VERY glamorous - the reality is that it's bloody hard work, you're constantly on duty and I missed being at home with the kids.

I EXPECT our Ministers to be out beating the drum on our behalf. But what I do object to are the departmental our local authority minions who 'have to' go abroad on 'fact-finding tours' (Google is cheaper) or to attend spurious seminars (video conferencing anyone?) and often take their partners with them, even if they do make some contribution to that cost.

I don't have a problem with people going to meetings off island, but there has to be some sort of return for the money spent on these "FACT FINDING MISSIONS"= JOLLIES.

I would like to see the government employ a individual to do these tasks rather than MHK's and ministers who should be back home doing there jobs.

If more was done to sort out the problems here and less on " THE GLOBAL STAGE " i am sure we would not be moaning as much.

Let's face it most of the finance industry know of the isle of man and it is them we should be appealing too not some guys in brussels who are more intrested in thier own gains.

After all the EU is one of the most corupt places going.

After what has happened with the ABBEY moving i thing that making sure the islands finance industry is secure being the main promblem at the moment not Jet setting

I don't have a problem with people going to meetings off island, but there has to be some sort of return for the money spent on these "FACT FINDING MISSIONS"= JOLLIES.

If more was done to sort out the problems here and less on " THE GLOBAL STAGE " i am sure we would not be moaning as much.

Let's face it most of the finance industry know of the isle of man and it is them we should be appealing too not some guys in brussels who are more intrested in thier own gains.

After all the EU is one of the most corupt places going.

After what has happened with the ABBEY moving i thing that making sure the islands finance industry is secure being the main promblem at the moment not Jet setting

You really are a tool!

The idea behind these missions is to create further interest in the island and hopefully more jobs. There are problems at home but why can't they, like politicians of other countries, do both?

Archived