More Bad News For Castletown

crumlin

Get Stuffed

Thets hope Mr Lacy makes some good use of the Golf coarse, like maybe build more first time buyer homes, With a bit of luck he could join up with Clarksons land and call the estate Ramblers Park :lol:

"More bad news for Castletown"

Since losing the title of Capital of Mann when did Castletown ever have any good news?

I agree - it is an underused resource for sure. But that is an issue for those who govern as it needs to be cost effective and time efficient, which I believe it could be.

The Steam Railway is fabulous!

Its a pity the southerners dont use it to get to and from work and free up the roads

I agree with both of you. It is great. Something should be done to make more people use it. Maybe they could electrify it so that during rush hour trams could shuttle southerners to and from their workplaces in Douglas. The rest of the time it could be preserved for steam engines.

I used to go to school by train, Peel to Douglas it was great we could smoke our heads off without getting in to trouble

Why did they get rid of the old railways? Surely someone back then should have realised that that kind of thing should be preserved? All the island cares about nowadays is making a mint and protecting its finance industry.

Surely someone back then should have realised that that kind of thing should be preserved? All the island cares about nowadays is making a mint and protecting its finance industry.

That's not strictly true - there has been plenty of investment in the current infrastructure and there is a fair bit of tourist interest. As for the tracks that are gone (ie Peel/Douglas) well it's all very good with hindsight isn't it? The Finance Sector was no great thing when it met with it's demise.

Archived