Female Pilots?

Jay

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was on a flight recently and the female pilot made an announcement just prior to take off, and i just started to wonder.

Given the errrr...volatility and unpredictable behaviour of women at certain times of the month, I thought it might compromise the saftey of the 100 or so passengers if the pilot in question was so afflicted.

Should females be allowed jobs as responsible as this?

yep we do have female pilots..I found out 2months ago....when landing back on the island..lol, the plane landed sideways.....I was scared. I am NOT saying it was because it was a female pilot...I think it was because she was cr@p....to be totally honest

I couldnt land a plane...but ive had plenty of practice on Aces High....So, I should be OK

Do they actually land them these days? I thought it was all down to the auto pilot (or is that only on the bigger planes?).

I've flown a few times on commercial airlines and once on a private plane when the the pilot was female. I couldn't fault their ability at all, and in the case of the private plane, the view wasn't too bad either.

They are landed by the pilot thats why in fog they still don't land, altho the auto pilot is capable of landing the bigger planes they still don't use it to. I think it's incase sommit goes wrong e.g puncture.

There are lots of fantastic female transport, commercial and private pilots who train to the highest standards.

Autoland-equippped aircraft can land in fog at bigger airports with the correct category of ILS (instrument landing system) ground equipment fitted. Manchester for example.

As far as I know, Ronaldsway doesn't have the kit to enable that, or possibly many visiting aircraft with the corresponding level of autopilot.

Now...back to choppers, joysticks and relentless innuendo....

As far as I know, Ronaldsway doesn't have the kit to enable that, or possibly many visiting aircraft with the corresponding level of autopilot.

You're not kidding. I'm still battle-scarred from the after effects of 2 hours circling the Island last week in a 16 seater with a couple of hairy landing attempts before being diverted to Liverpool for a night on the cafeteria floor. :/

Women can, on average, withstand higher G-forces than men and therefore make excellent fighter pilots. So there.

Oh dear. Before long women will be claiming they can drive a car as well. Then they'll want the vote. Before you know it they will be in Government and creating mayhem.

Men only irritate women because we can't multi-task and we most definitely don't do clever. We only let women get away with it because we are designed to amble through life taking the path of least resistance. It's what we do best.

As to women piloting planes why else do you think men developed the autopilot? After all, we don't need it....

There's been a lady bus driver on the island since I was at school at least. I've never thought of it as a big deal, she was always known as being one of the more friendly driivers. It's only Sheddy Eddie who you have to watch out for, he takes the double decker through the racing lines over the mountain, nobody gets past.

Archived