I Know Its Not Really International News

steven !

some people have been saying that they miss that Thehater fella. (Don't start a poll we already know the answer). And he was always on International News section of the previous forums (*yawn* is what I say)

Well I don't miss him. All he ever did, if I remember rightly, was talk about his sore bottom. and apparently he bore a pretty good resemberlance to the huntch back of Notre Dame. Nothing wrong with that - I'm as Politcly Correct as the next person. But how could Esmeralda have fallen for him???

We have our very own esmeraldas here on the forums too, you know.

And Thehater pretended to read posh books with no pictures, just too woo Roseanne. And pretended to play the guitar. Which I reckon is impossible in his state. Drums maybe, guitar never.

thehater, like Steven, would almost definitely not like to post on here where their identity could be sussed a little more easily than it could on Manxnet.

Would be a real pain in the ass to set up proxies and remember to use them... probably.

The likes of "edited by - steven" always used his current e-mail address. So I am not convinced about the rationale (but prepared to be).

On the other side why can't this forum guarantee confidentiality? I personally couldn't give a toss but for those that do why is there an issue?

I'm pretty sure whoever was behind thehater and Steven would prefer to keep it all to themselves. Moderators should definitely not be going round exposing people's gimmick accounts, but perhaps they don't want the moderators to know either....

I'm pretty sure whoever was behind thehater and Steven would prefer to keep it all to themselves. Moderators should definitely not be going round exposing people's gimmick accounts, but perhaps they don't want the moderators to know either....

Very fair. But surely all the moderators can do is note the non-dynamic ISP's?

Over-managed and under-led will unfortunately put people off. Surely one of the greatest strengths of an anonymous forum is that everyone can voice their (anonymous) opinion? Lose that and you lose free speech.

Just a thought....

If someone posts as say "Steven" and then as say "Declan" in the same session they'll have the same IP.  I certainly wouldn't reveal the connection, and I doubt any of the other mods would.

So if two usernames in the same session have identicle IP's you won't report it?

Gosh - how comforting is that?

Who cares? Some of us can rise above your forum BS because at the end of the day in many ways you are an irrelevance...

Archived