Is The Judiciary Held In High Regard?

manxchatterbox

This morning in Key's Questions, before apologising that with hindsight he got the wording of the letter of comfort to the Irish Gas Board wrong, the AG said that in his opinion the public hold the Judiciary in high regard - is he correct?

Is this something to do a Poll on?

how to do that?

I heard that as well - it was breath-taking! "Oh sorry everyone I didn't do my job properly and now I've left you with this enormous bill to sort out - but I'm sure you all think I'm good really"

I can't believe that no-one really went for the AG. will no-one ever take responsibility for their mistakes, also I'm really getting sick and tired of Noel Cringle moving things on as soon as he sees one of the Council of Ministers/AG getting into a bit of hot water. "Supplimentary Mr Pres...."next question please Hon Members"..."

Also, did I actually hear David (Senior Political Correspondent....sorry just spat out my tea at writing that) Callister say ..........."when he (Donald Gelling) took over from the former CM, Richard Corkill, who retired, (sorry retired, I don't think so Davie - didn't he resign, probably being picky here but changing the word really changes the spin, and do it on one thing, it's easy to do it on other things.....)

Also. slightly, well very off topic - who's betting that when they return from lunch, and this lunch by the way is being provided by the Government (that means YOU) because they're all going to a presentation on Electronic Voting - who bets that Peter Karran's suspention of standing orders won't get through - well it's already failed on a technicallity, by the fact that only 5 members of the LegCo voted for it and you have to have 6, even though it passed in the Keys 17/6! Delaney is trying to save it and Mr President is going to consider he request during lunch and give his opinion at 2.30 - my money's on him going against Delaney - I hope I'm wrong. If it goes through they'll continue with questions by aural answer, if not then written answer and you'll never know what's gone on. According to Davie Callister they might even have to sit for three days - OMG I wish I only worked 3 days a month!!!! ;)

It was defeated.

I was listening to the vote on the car radio and was amazed to see a minister strolling down Myrtle Street. Too late to vote.

So I take it that there is only a limited amount of time allocated to oral questions?

This morning in Key's Questions, before apologising that with hindsight he got the wording of the letter of comfort to the Irish Gas Board wrong, the AG said that in his opinion the public hold the Judiciary in high regard - is he correct?

Is this something to do a Poll on?

how to do that?

High regard: absolutely no!

Moyles has been jailing petty pot smokers for years yet letting drink-drivers, corrupt politicians and other financial low-lives survive without jail.

Until he and the rest of his cronies get their priorites straight they won't be taken seriously.

The Judiciary on the IOM has failed, this was brought up in the Keys yesterday, Why did it take three years to bring the ex Police officer to trial and why after three years did they drop 10 of the charges (some being robbing off his own work mates), it was also asked why its taken so long to bring another case to courts a high profile case.

I have recently had cause to write to a senior officer asking for a written reply to a complaint I made, this officer has refused to reply, Ive since wrote to this officer again and the CHIEF CONSTABLE over the same matter, it has now been over two weeks and still no reply.

If a crime is reported should it be investigated straight away or just when the police feel like doing so, or do they just bin the complaint due to the persons it concerns.

The Judiciary on the IOM has failed, this was brought up in the Keys yesterday, Why did it take three years to bring the ex Police officer to trial and why after three years did they drop 10 of the charges (some being robbing off his own work mates), it was also asked why its taken so long to bring another case to courts a high profile case.

I have recently had cause to write to a senior officer asking for a written reply to a complaint I made, this officer has refused to reply, Ive since wrote to this officer again and the CHIEF CONSTABLE over the same matter, it has now been over two weeks and still no reply.

If a crime is reported should it be investigated straight away or just when the police feel like doing so, or do they just bin the complaint due to the persons it concerns.

Is that really the fault of the judiciary, or the executive? The judiciary is really only the Deemsters, High Bailiff/Deputy High Bailiff, and JPs, isn't it? I would have thought it far more likely that failure to bring someone to trial would be down to the AG's chambers (the AG not being part of the judiciary either)/police/government advocate.

Archived