Could Iom Fire Service Cope With A Conflagration?

manxchatterbox

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St John's Wort capsule once a day - and also Black Cohosh - and a large G&T at 5:30 every day in C'est La Vie after work - all helps keep the doctor away..

I'm thinking Amadeus and Declan ought to try cod liver oil capsules and consult the chinese herbalist for something to check their feelings of antagonism..

:D

Ahh..the silence....

ignore.jpg

Then write yourself a Greasemonkey script that removes that box as well. It's as if they're not even there. Easy to do, Greasemonkey is hugely powerful. I'm running about a dozen home made scripts now that really make a difference to the way I interact with certain sites.

Following on from the fire at the fuel depot in Hemel Hempstead what would the situation be if there were a conflagration at say the Manx Petroleums depot at the end of the breakwater?

Do the IOM Fire Service have adequate resources on the Island to be able to deal with such an incident?

Is the water supply to the site adequate?

Do they have enought foam solution, foam dispensers?

Do they have enough money to train for such an incident?

What other concerns are there?

I'll try to provide a sensible reply to MCB's post. I'm not sure what everyone's problem is as he generally makes very positive and thought-provoking comments and posts. Keep it up.

Considering the small size of the MP depot I think there are few risks compared to Hamel Hampster. Also considering that it's next to the sea it wouldn't be as difficult or costy to fight any fire.

I'm thinking Amadeus and Declan ought to try cod liver oil capsules and consult the chinese herbalist for something to check their feelings of antagonism..

:D

I'm not antagonistic towards you. You amuse me. The forum needs comical characters like Cheesemonster and yourself, to provoke debate and discussion, even if it is often in the shape of ridicule. Follow Steven's example and keep on keeping on.

Although if you continue to compare me to the odious Amadeus we may fall out.

I'm betting Hammy Hampster in the Hemple Hempfield brigade thought he could easily deal with any situation that arose at the depot...but then it turned out much worse than he thought so he had to get all the neighbours - Martha the Mouse, GP the guinea pig, Turtle, Granny Rabbit, a raccoon, a squirrel, a chipmunk, Wise Old Frog, a toad, a vampire bat and various weasels and skunks to travel down the river bank with extra equipment and foam fluid to help out....

I guess there isn't anyone from IOM Fire who could say what the situation is??

(..times like this you'd think MR might ask these sorts of questions..but hey that would mean someone having to do something..that might be informative and newsworthy-enough MR 4 tonight)

Archived