Could Iom Fire Service Cope With A Conflagration?

manxchatterbox

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What other concerns are there?

Volunteer firemen getting paid by the hour for callouts...

Whoa, i made the same mistake as you and called a member of the fire service a "fireman", he was well pissed, " its fire fighter" ses he, cos we fight fires,

Think he was living out the script from Londons Burning.

In this vein i now wish to be known as a sparkologoist!

this was slightly worrying..... in the Tynwald debate about the fire service and the petition of grievance.... it's been mentioned that the fire service don't now open up fire hydrants to see if there is enough pressure available ..they only just open hydrants to check that some water comes out ...the reason they don't check the pressure is in case it causes the domestic water supply to be discoloured....so ....if there is ever a fire near you,, yes YOU...ask yourself are you happy that there is enough water available at the nearest hydrant...

Then write yourself a Greasemonkey script that removes that box as well. It's as if they're not even there. Easy to do, Greasemonkey is hugely powerful. I'm running about a dozen home made scripts now that really make a difference to the way I interact with certain sites.

Sounds good - but I think I keep it on ignored mode for now. Every once in a while, when I'm really down and out, I might click on "view this post", and remember that it could be way worse - I could be the box... :whistling:

I'm not antagonistic towards you. You amuse me. The forum needs comical characters like Cheesemonster and yourself, to provoke debate and discussion, even if it is often in the shape of ridicule. Follow Steven's example and keep on keeping on.

Although if you continue to compare me to the odious Amadeus we may fall out.

I'm "deserving or causing hatred"? :huh::(:crying:

Well, we've started wars over less - forget it that you get a deckchair anywhere next year... :ph34r:

Sounds good - but I think I keep it on ignored mode for now. Every once in a while, when I'm really down and out, I might click on "view this post", and remember that it could be way worse - I could be the box... :whistling:

I've never really understood the point in actively ignoring posts/posters. Just don't read it - it doesn't cost any money to view or scroll past them. You might miss something important if you ignore the poster - ah, or maybe not...

Archived