What Is A Low Income?

manxchatterbox

Are you saying that you don't know what a low income is?

Or that those on higher incomes can't put a figure on it?

Or that people in general can't?

Or that polititians have no concept of what it is like to live on one?

..that there isn't, anywhere I can find, an official definition from IOM Govt as to what a "low income" is - so if there isn't one... how can the politicians possibly know what they are talking about????

my low income to me means I am struggling to pay the mortgage, rates, elec, gas, phone, tv, car tax, insce, find money for petrol and food and don't have enough left over to buy luxuries like christmas presents or go on holiday...

:(

..that there isn't, anywhere I can find, an official definition from IOM Govt as to what a "low income" is - so if there isn't one... how can the politicians possibly know what they are talking about????

my low income to me means I am struggling to pay the mortgage, rates, elec, gas, phone, tv, car tax, insce, find money for petrol and food and don't have enough left over to buy luxuries like christmas presents or go on holiday...

True many rich people have no idea what a low income is. I would suggest that a very low income on the island is anything under 10,000GBP as this doesn't provide enough to live even a basic existence considering the cost of food, acomadation, etc.

I'm sure some people would consider car tax, TV, insce (whatever that is) and petrol money to be a luxury.

True many rich people have no idea what a low income is. I would suggest that a very low income on the island is anything under 10,000GBP as this doesn't provide enough to live even a basic existence considering the cost of food, acomadation, etc.

I'm sure some people would consider car tax, TV, insce (whatever that is) and petrol money to be a luxury.

Car tax and petrol money are not luxuries if you need your car to get to work.

Archived