Villa Cab Rank

x-in-man

Why must the cabbies outside the Villa insist on parking two wide... or park with their arse hanging out into the road. It narrows it down to one lane and causes all sorts of problems at the Sefton Island - with cars having to move over and avoid the cars turning right, busses pulling out past them etc etc etc .... just because they want to chat in the warm.

One tip I would give to cabbies is .. if the rank is full .. no one wants a cab .. so go somewhere else and leave the road free for people who want to get past your big fat cars that sit half in the road!

Rant over

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why must the cabbies outside the Villa insist on parking two wide... or park with their arse hanging out into the road. It narrows it down to one lane and causes all sorts of problems at the Sefton Island - with cars having to move over and avoid the cars turning right, busses pulling out past them etc etc etc .... just because they want to chat in the warm.

One tip I would give to cabbies is .. if the rank is full .. no one wants a cab .. so go somewhere else and leave the road free for people who want to get past your big fat cars that sit half in the road!

Rant over

Narrows it down to one lane - oh how terrible! This is Douglas we're talking aboiut not London. I'm sure people can cope with just one lane. Taxi drivers double park so they can chat to each other - I would if I had to do a job so boring!

Why must the cabbies outside the Villa insist on parking two wide... or park with their arse hanging out into the road.

Rant over

a) Because there are so many taxis Douglas now that all of the other ranks full.

B) Because private cars are occupying spaces on other ranks and only rarely being booked for it.

c) Because the Villa rank will never be as well-used as the one at the Sefton was.

d) Because 'Hey! It's good to talk!'

SORRY, BUT.......Am I missing something?

On walking home for lunch, i noted that the TAXI rank is clearly marked 2 cars wide.

Its like ranting about someone wanting to walk on the CYCLE LANE on the prom in safety? Or how you find it totally wrong that you witnessed a group cycling on the cycle lane....

????????

As for the cycle lane on the prom ... why should they get the view? ..... I always like to walk next to the sea - unless the tide is in ... then I just go through the 'motions'.!

Heh, let's hope you're not walking on the prom when I'm in the cycle lane then. The only concession I'll make is that I wont ride straight into your torso. Elbows and knees are fair game. Keep your eyes peeled.

why should they get the view?
Damn right. There's just about enough space to walk between the cycle land and the railings, but the cycle lane should be by the road.
Heh, let's hope you're not walking on the prom when I'm in the cycle lane then. The only concession I'll make is that I wont ride straight into your torso. Elbows and knees are fair game. Keep your eyes peeled.
Internet tough guy! :P

Thats wise - very wise .. I know who will come off worse! Better get some training in on a unicyle .. just incase. :D

I know exactly who will come off worst. Somehow I don't think you're in full possession of all the information.

Not a toughguy routine at all. I deliberately clip the arms of people walking in the cycle lane on the prom because they're ignorant and need reminding. Obviously little old ladies and anyone who looks frail just gets a glare, but anyone else gets a whack on the arm from a handlebar. I did quit riding on the prom pretty much though last summer because it was just getting really tiring (and dangerous) having to swerve round all the kids and the dogs off leads. I only hit it now on the way back in from Laxey if I go out there.

Edit: By the way, I do agree that the cycle lane should really be on the other side. I could care less where it is, I just guess they put it there because people are more likely to be getting onto the prom from the pavement so there would be a lot more people crossing the lane.

Its a known fact that taxi drivers over cant drive for shit!

Doing a U turn in the middle of the prom, with traffic coming both ways " wise ".

Agree with x man, I've seen some of them parked with there ass ends hanging out and also just pulling out into on-coming traffic. No indicators on at all, then the jest of the " finger ".

Too bleeding bad. While we're at it, let's demand that any cyclist caught riding on the pavement also has a bit of physical dished out to him...

Too bleeding bad for whom? The person whacked by a bike for walking in the lane? No sympathy.

And sure, I wouldn't get out of the way of a cyclist riding on the pavement, I'd make damn sure that they had go either go around me, stop or take their chances by running into me. No sympathy for them either.

Archived