Sick Of The Funk

bollocks

Sorry, but why is the manx dance-music spectrum so fookin narrow. Is there at least a hint of another scene? You Dj's have a responsibility. Where's the range?

Manx kids are growing up under the impression that funky-house is actually quite good. Its a disgrace I tell ya.

Sorry, but why is the manx dance-music spectrum so fookin narrow. Is there at least a hint of another scene? You Dj's have a responsibility. Where's the range?

Manx kids are growing up under the impression that funky-house is actually quite good. Its a disgrace I tell ya.

Que the plug for Infussion :lol:

Many reasons, the island has a small population and the capture audience is even smaller.

If you want something different you have two options, start something up yourself (which may flop and end up and expensive experiment), or move to somewhere that has what you're looking for.

Many reasons, the island has a small population and the capture audience is even smaller.

If you want something different you have two options, start something up yourself (which may flop and end up and expensive experiment), or move to somewhere that has what you're looking for.

I guess I was hiding away from my real question. Funky House: What's the big fucking deal?

I guess I was hiding away from my real question. Funky House: What's the big fucking deal?

Not really my bag, but I'd imagine it's the same as any music, if you've got a collective of DJ's who prefer that kind of music and they believe they have an audience for it then that is what they will play.

With such a small market to capture you have to be careful to keep the music light enough for those who aren't heavily into it and just want a good night out. If you go too deep then you'll limit yourself further to the few that go for the music.

Many just go for the chance to get out and have a laugh with their mates, I'm sure they do appreciate the music as well but I think it has to be more complimentary light and upbeat music in order to suceed (just my observations of reactions etc.)

If we had what you'd call a proper club then I think you'd possibly get more of what you're after but I don't think the island could support it.

Our layout tends to be more of the european bar type setup and light funky house, trance and chart blends in nicely to this environment.

Not really my bag, but I'd imagine it's the same as any music, if you've got a collective of DJ's who prefer that kind of music and they believe they have an audience for it then that is what they will play.

With such a small market to capture you have to be careful to keep the music light enough for those who aren't heavily into it and just want a good night out. If you go too deep then you'll limit yourself further to the few that go for the music.

Many just go for the chance to get out and have a laugh with their mates, I'm sure they do appreciate the music as well but I think it has to be more complimentary light and upbeat music in order to suceed (just my observations of reactions etc.)

If we had what you'd call a proper club then I think you'd possibly get more of what you're after but I don't think the island could support it.

Our layout tends to be more of the european bar type setup and light funky house, trance and chart blends in nicely to this environment.

Explained rather nicely. Cheers.

PS. Neurofunk, for those concerned, is a sub genre of dnb. Wikipedia does a pretty good job of explaining it.

A progression of the techstep subgenre, neurofunk draws its main influences from techno and places more focus on the complexity of basslines and instrumentation than in other styles of drum and bass. Described by some as "clinical" and "obsessively precise", this style draws heavily from the latest in music technology. Neurofunk generally has a sci-fi or futuristic theme to its melodies and sounds. Rather than focusing on the percussion or gained midrange filling the space of a song (as with other drum and bass genres such as techstep or clownstep), atmosphere and spacial orientation take precedence. Emphasis on precision and intricacy have allowed for a maturity of sound that has become completely tangential from the mainstream, offering a soundtrack to the futurists of drum & bass, a sound that can best be described as "deep".

Noisia, The Upbeats, Phace, Kemal, Black Sun Empire, Chris.Su, Unknown Error, Calyx, Teebee, Break, Gridlok

I guess those lot are all, for lack of a better word, 'mainstream' neurofunk artists.

So many pigeon holes to place music into these days....

Fnar Fnar!

Yeah I totally agree, its getting rediculous these days. However you can't deny that some sub-genre's are required... DnB in particular. It helps us sort out the 'blat blat-gunshat-dark souljah-hoodie massif' from the regular bass hungry dnb heads. Fnar!

Tune in to Beatfix show now streaming and only tomorrow after an evenin' of audio delight and banter, should you post your annoyance that there's no NEW music out there, if you're STILL unhappy! ;)

This ain't funk, its FCUKin' happnin'...

The last 2 weeks we've played DnB, open up ya ears, ya mind and follow your toes...we're here to please!

www.mflive.com

Good tuna awaits....however, all CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is most welcome....even the lady DJ steps up the decks in THIS show... ;)

Tune in to Beatfix show now streaming and only tomorrow after an evenin' of audio delight and banter, should you post your annoyance that there's no NEW music out there, if you're STILL unhappy! ;)

This ain't funk, its FCUKin' happnin'...

The last 2 weeks we've played DnB, open up ya ears, ya mind and follow your toes...we're here to please!

www.mflive.com

Good tuna awaits....however, all CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is most welcome....even the lady DJ steps up the decks in THIS show... ;)

Wouldn't happen to know of any local producers would ya?

Archived