Nice Xmas Pressy

crumlin

If this is true I often wonder about the timing of such an announcement. I unfortunately had to make some of my staff redundant about eight years ago. The decision was taken well before christmas but I decided not to inform anybody until after christmas.

Does timing really matter ???

What are your views????

It's in the staff's best interest to find out as soon as possible. Unless staff are informed immediately, they are told at a time when it suits the company. Upsetting their Christmas doesn't come into it.

When my former colleagues and I were made redundant we found out about it over a year in advance - because our boss got drunk and told us.

The company was pissed off at him (he didn't care - he was losing his job too). They didn't want to tell us until the last minute, but when we found out they knew they'd have to offer us more than decent packages if they wanted us to hang around for a year while the business wound up. Which we did.

Thank you ex-boss.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A team of workers are moving from Royal Bank House up to Howard Pierson house, that is the only movement within the company. My wife is in senior management. Crumlin get your facts straight before spouting shite or do you work for manx radio? another slow news day?

Was lapping it up until I got to the last line...

But yes, it is a slow news day, so would you please do something extraordinary and tip me off about it beforehand so I can:

1. Report actuality, with ambient sound

2. Confirm personally that the event took place

3. Double check the spelling of your name

4. Scoop Crumbling on here

I thank you.

• 1 month later...

but Crumlin's original post didn't identify the institution...."One of the Islands main Banks has just told more than a dozen staff to look for new jobs "....so was wondering if the Bank of Scotland situation was part of the pre-Christmas pervy chocolate scene....or something else that had not been commented upon....

Archived