Console Against Pc

Celt

The question I'd like to ask is that whilst I use PC for gaming and always have since the PS days.

What is the differance between the new consoles, ie; x box, ps2, xbox 360, that would make them as good or better than a PC?

As I've not played on any console since the PS and I've mates who have, I get very conflicting feedback. I also build my PC's as gaming riggs and not just the household PC and have never had a problem.

Can someone please explain in plain English?

A high spec gaming PC will always be technically better than a console because of the fact it can be upgraded on a continual basis.

The 360 is probably about the same as a high spec gaming rig right now, but in 6-12 months, it will be lagging behind. The PS2 and Xbox are at least a generation behind so they're not really relevant to PC/Console comparisons these days.

I guess the short answer is that there's nothing that makes them technically better, they're just more suited to certain types of games and they're a more social activity. They're also a lot more cost effective given that they're heavily subsidised by manufacturers who recoup their costs through game sales.

Consoles are just stockcar PCs :)

I'm not really a gamer but I like the occasional game of Ghost Recon, Call of Duty, etc., and I had playing that type of game on a console controller. Give me a keyboard and mouse any day.

Driving type games might be better on a console if you don't have a wheel or console type handset or your PC

Archived