Person Of 2005

cheesemonster2005

Person of 2005  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Last year TIME magazine lost many readers, including myself, when it chose George W Bush as their person of 2004. They ran a 5 page article explaining why he was such a great guy.

The nominations are open for the person of 2005.

TIME Person of the year 2005

Once again their view of the world is a little American. We're not able to choose Mo Mowlam or Rosa Parks but have the options of:

George Wanker Bush, - no chance mate

Bono, - wise choice but do the Americans know who he is?

Lance Armstrong (who's he?),

JK Rowling (currently leading), - thanks for the kiddies books

Mother Nature (what the fuck, currently second), - thanks for all the hurricanes

Condoleezza Rice, - thanks for being just as right wing as Bush

Valerie Plame (who?),

Steve Jobs, - thanks for bringing us the expensive I-POD thing

Google Guys, - thanks for GMAIL and not ripping us off

Pope Benedict XVI, - thanks for nothing and sitting on your ass since May

Bill/Melinda Gates - thanks for inventing a shitty OS and giving some of your money to charity

Rick Warren - thanks for being someone I've never heard of

Who would you vote for? Who should be added to the list? Who should be given the award for Wanker of the Year?

Please, tell us why it's such a shitty OS.

Then tell us what OS you're running right now.

Maybe not a shitty OS but at least a shitty company. Microsoft have domination over the market and are able to charge huge prices for their software and o/s - although most people, myself included, have never paid them a penny for it. Their huge influence has meant that it's very difficult to do without their operating system unless you have the time for linux and the hassle of finding software which will work for it. Their domination of the browser market (I don't use IE) has allowed viruses to spread.

I use Windows ME until I am able to find a copy of XP which will work on my hardward and which doesn't require authentication.

Somehow, I think you're just repeating what people have told you and you don't actually understand anything you've just posted. I guess it's hip and trendy to hate Microsoft where you come from. :cool:

The Person of the Year is meant to be the Person who has most influenced the world in a particular year... for good or for bad. Hitler was man of the year in the 1930s while China's Deng Xiaoping has been it twice while not being a particularly nice man ... as has the Ayatollah or however its spelt.

In these politically correct times this broke down ... there was no doubt that Osama Bin Laden was the person of the year in 2001, but Time couldn't face the bad publicity and so choose somebody else ... I can't get Times home page in China: can someone tell me I think it was Bush again.

So maybe they are now reverting to its correct definition ... cos whether you hate him or love him George Bush has influenced the world quite alot recently.

Cheesemonster, If you were to ask the following questions:

Who's f*ck*d up the world the most in 2005,

Who's saved the world the most in 2005,

And which of these has f*ck*d it up/saved it more ... an awful lot of people would vote for Mr Bush don't you think?!!

Somehow, I think you're just repeating what people have told you and you don't actually understand anything you've just posted. I guess it's hip and trendy to hate Microsoft where you come from. :cool:

Ans you seem to think that I/people only post things to be hip and cool. I may not work in the IT industry now but I did for 3 years. I could have expanded further but I'd probably have annoyed the mods further by going off-topic in my own thread. If you really want to know why Microsoft/Windows isn't perfect then you'll find plenty of information online

Clickie

Lance Armstrong (who's he?),

seven times Tour de France winner and generally a pretty amazing guy - clickey

Ah, is he the druggie? Wasn't he banned because of test results or am I confusing him with someone else?

"clickey" usually means, click on it and read - it's all there, but too much to quote...

I can't vote in the poll unless there's a 'none of the above' option.

My choice would be Mukhtar Mai - A Pakistani activist who made international headlines in June when the Pakistani government banned her from travelling outside the country. After international protests, the government promised to return her passport. In 2002, a village council in Punjab Province ordered her to be gang raped as punishment for her brother's involvement with a woman from a rival tribe. She courageously went public with the crime. The government compensated Mukhtar, and she used the money to build schools in her village. In June, Pakistan's Supreme Court ordered the rearrest of 13 men involved in the crime who had been acquitted by a lower court.

Windows ME is sooo unstable.......

Part time program

It sure is, imo only a fool would run it. Windows 98 is better than Millennium. :P

That's true. I have to use it as much of my software won't run on 98. I'd upgrade to XP but I hate paying for Microsoft products and my CD which doesn't require activation of XP is broken.

Archived