Dj Friends Of The Forum Help!

martyn

Why oh why do wine bar owners insist on playing chart dance/techno/harder electronica and f ing funky house?

I went to try out Amber last night, thinking "oh, a lounge bar this should be good, a pint and some nice chill out music" oh no, although it wasn't loud (congratulations bar owner) it was full force trance no holes barred!! no to happy with that place we moved across the prom and eventually (after a stop of in coast, which was a strange bar)anyway we get to Aperitivo, I was expecting the same again, but this time was worse DJ set up there (great no problem there) but the music was again not fitting at all with the decor/vibe I assume the management are trying to give off. the music was too loud and the speakers were knackered so it sounded awful.....

Am I wrong by thinking that wine bars and lounge bars should be a more relaxed, place to talk with some background music playing sort of place?

I agree with Martyn, when you go to a lounge bar to relax and chat loud pumping tunes aren't what you want to hear - you wouldn't put thrash metal on in these places...

I would love somewhere that is low key and played easy listening music, jazz, blues, dance anything as long as it was relaxed stuff at a reasonable volume....

I remember going to the Iron Pier in Ramsey on a Tuesday watching some Jazz/Blues and then having a few beers til everyone went home with some light music on in the background

we need more places like that for late night drinking/relaxing/"chilling" rather than extreme clubs and loud DJ's

Archived