Advertised A Car In The Paper Recently?

Phoenix

I was wondering if anyone else who has had cars advertised in the papers on Island recently has had calls from a finance company saying that they have got so many customers waiting for just such a vehicle that they are calling to offer they services. For a one off fee of £70 they will add you to thier Database and have customers waiting to come and see the vehicle right now. The BIG surprise was the pitch that if they do sell your vehicle for you they will actually give you a 100% refund on the charges as they make thier money on the commision. This just started alarm bells ringing all over.. My new philosophy is if it sounds too good it generally is. I wasn't too concerned though as it was for quite a substantial amount of money as I was selling my Camper Van. I said no though... he then offered me it for half price.. I asked why did they have to charge at all if he was sooooo adamant that it would sell and they make their money from the commission????

He said he was from a Company with a title like Camper Finance or something like that. Anyway, I didn't take it out and didn't think too much of it at all..... however having recently placed my car in the paper as well..... I got the same call from the same guy about my CAR!!! why the hell would a camper finance company be looking at cars??? I recognised his voice straight away as he had called me several times about the camper and I had continually said NO!

Has anyone else had any similar calls and does anyone know if this was actually a scam or not???

I've not heard anything about this type of call but it just seemed a bit dodgey to me.

I was wondering if anyone else who has had cars advertised in the papers on Island recently has had calls from a finance company saying that they have got so many customers waiting for just such a vehicle that they are calling to offer they services. For a one off fee of £70 they will add you to thier Database and have customers waiting to come and see the vehicle right now. The BIG surprise was the pitch that if they do sell your vehicle for you they will actually give you a 100% refund on the charges as they make thier money on the commision. This just started alarm bells ringing all over.. My new philosophy is if it sounds too good it generally is. I wasn't too concerned though as it was for quite a substantial amount of money as I was selling my Camper Van. I said no though... he then offered me it for half price.. I asked why did they have to charge at all if he was sooooo adamant that it would sell and they make their money from the commission????

He said he was from a Company with a title like Camper Finance or something like that. Anyway, I didn't take it out and didn't think too much of it at all..... however having recently placed my car in the paper as well..... I got the same call from the same guy about my CAR!!! why the hell would a camper finance company be looking at cars??? I recognised his voice straight away as he had called me several times about the camper and I had continually said NO!

Has anyone else had any similar calls and does anyone know if this was actually a scam or not???

I've not heard anything about this type of call but it just seemed a bit dodgey to me.

There has been quite a lot of these stories in the news recently with them targeting people who advertise in Auto Trader. Basically it's a scam. I find a torrent of abuse usually stops the calls

Archived