A Torso Cannot Possibly Fly On Its Own

Rog

Talking of big school, how does the man in charge of the school get around and fly away for his holidays?

Does he have a special seat, and does he have to be accompanied by a carer as well?

I wonder if he can use the Deputy Head as his carer...... in which case, who cares for the Deputy Head?

And how do you get the seat belt around the Heads and stop them rolling onto the floor and getting stuck on the boiled sweet wrappers?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having a brief look at the Air France website, they would appear to have acted in accordance with their conditions of carriage, which state

Acceptance of carriage of unaccompanied children, Passengers with Reduced Mobility, pregnant women, persons with illness or other people requiring assistance, is subject to prior arrangements with us.

If she did not have evidence of 'prior acceptance' (letter, email etc etc) then the gate staff were right to turn her away.

If the ticketing agent knew of her condition and did not advise her of this then they are at fault, however, if she booked it herself, over the net for example, then she should have (and I think is legally obliged to) read the conditions before paying.

I think it’s a case of delegated responsibility.  Especially in our litigious society.  Can you just imagine what would happen if there was some announcement that was not communicated to the deaf passengers and one or more of them was injured or even inconvenienced in some way as a result?  There would be all hell to pay.  A nominated person to travel with them would be responsible for communicating with them and therefore that person would ‘carry the can’ rather than the airline.

complete load of tosh, what about foreign passengers who cant understand the language of the plane staff or something. I cant see all hell breaking loose because a deaf passenger was inconvenienced either.

Well Kelly, that was exactly how I was going to rubbish Rog's post but I just didn't have time and you beat me to it!

The good news is that Iberia are completely unable to produce the regulation under which these youngsters were humiliated. So in this case it looks like a successful legal action will take place.

Well Kelly, that was exactly how I was going to rubbish Rog's post but I just didn't have time and you beat me to it!

Surprise, surprise Isn't that what you try and do to Rogs posts all the time, rubbish them. Infact it isn't just Rogs posts, it's everyones posts that disagree with your views.

You should make more time for the forum and then people like Kelly wouldn't beat you to it. :D

Surprise, surprise Isn't that what you try and do to Rogs posts all the time, rubbish them. Infact it isn't just Rogs posts, it's everyones posts that disagree with your views.

You should make more time for the forum and then people like Kelly wouldn't beat you to it.

There is nothing wrong with not liking those who call those less fortunate than themselves "cripples" for example. Notwithstanding that my posts get rubbished regularly with comments such as

Just drawing attention to the fact that loss of liberty means more than just being able to walk out of the door.

Are you talking from experience? didn't think so.

Pot, kettle etc

Surely a debate is just that.

I think I give this forum too much time as it is which is why I don't go here over a weekend.

I think I give this forum too much time as it is which is why I don't go here over a weekend.

I don't think you give this forum enough of your time. I think you should make more time and post at the weekend, then you wouldn't have so much catching up to do on a Monday.

There is nothing wrong with not liking those who call those less fortunate than themselves "cripples" for example

Whats wrong with calling a cripple a cripple? what you want to call them?

"the not so good at walking"?

There is nothing wrong with not liking those who call those less fortunate than themselves "cripples" for example

Whats wrong with calling a cripple a cripple? what you want to call them?

"the not so good at walking"?

I would address them how they wanted me to. Out of respect for the person rather than how they are physically. Surely everone regardless of disabilities has the right to human dignity?

Can a torso fly on it's own??

Well if it was a female one with an 'Always Ultra' strapped underneathe, then it is distinctly possible - if we are to believe the advertising that is.... great huge leaps, marathon skating sessions, boundless feats beyond your wildest dreams.

"Always Ultra with wings......."

Can a torso fly on it's own??

Well if it was a female one with an 'Always Ultra' strapped underneathe, then it is distinctly possible - if we are to believe the advertising that is.... great huge leaps, marathon skating sessions, boundless feats beyond your wildest dreams.

"Always Ultra with wings......."

Nice one.

and you calling them less fortunate  is not degrading them?

Apparently not as I would not address them personally with that expression. Less fortunate is also frequently used to describe the poorest sectors of society in monetary terms. Again I wouldn't use an insulting expression to address them either. It's a personal choice though.

Apparently not as I would not address them personally with that expression.
Ah ok so you call them something else to their face?

Bit two faced that isn't it?

Less fortunate is also frequently used to describe the poorest sectors of society in monetary terms

ummm 3rd world, but will go with what you say for amusement value.

I would address them how they wanted me to.

How does that one work then? :unsure:

"Excuse me but I wondered, as you are a black/lame/obese/gay/old/jewish/female/single mother, what is the PC approved correct form of address to someone with your lack/surplus of ... '?".

Archived