A Torso Cannot Possibly Fly On Its Own

Rog

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Torso Cannot Possibly Fly On Its Own -

C'mon Rog, even you must realise that is total trolling??

(You are Steven aren't you?)

Now call me pedantic, but Mr Rog, i.e belts and braces, evidence, definitions and examples at the ready ROG really hasn't thought that one out very much at all, has he? Either in content OR title?

Definitions of torso: (from http://www.onelook.com/ incase Sir suddenly decides to get pedantic, and YES it does include the medical dictionaries!)

-noun: the body excluding the head and neck and limbs

-Drosophila gene encoding a receptor tyrosine kinase, required for specification of the terminal regions of the embryo.

-torso (tor·so) (tor¢so) the trunk without the head or limbs.

-torso (trs) The trunk; the body without relation to head or extremities.

So: before I even get my head bothered about the contents of your post Rog, why not tell us all why you elected to put that title up? It is totally innaccurate, and I fail to see how you saw it any differently before you hit the 'send' button??

Please tell me if you think I got that bit wrong - I'll look forward to it :D

off topic/ Btw, if you thought for one minute that after your post about Clair that I'd be explaining how the current problems with the NHS boil down to Thatch, you guessed RIGHT. Evil bitch! I hate that she still influences every moment of my every working day - grrrrr!

very off topic/ Hope Clair is recovering well despite her appalling experiences, and that your adopted kitty has enjoyed her being around more. They are very healing creatures, especially with their chosen ones :)

(Which is why I know you can't be all bad :P )

Now call me pedantic, but Mr Rog, i.e belts and braces, evidence, definitions and examples at the ready

:o I'm in total shock with that statement Purry. Rog a troll, no way, never.

heh.

Apparently not as I would not address them personally with that expression.

Ah ok so you call them something else to their face?

Bit two faced that isn't it?

Yes exactly, to their face I call them respectively how they would like to be addressed. It is not two-faced at all. Quite the reverse. Although I recognise that they are not as I am I will still address them in a way that respects the fact they are a person with the same feelings as I have. Frankly, if you can't accept that simple truth then I would have to conclude that for some obscure reason you wish to use this issue to try and catch me out for some very strange personal gain i.e. if I can get PK to admit that he says what he does not mean then I can score a (very sad) point. Here's some good advice - get a life.

Less fortunate is also frequently used to describe the poorest sectors of society in monetary terms

ummm 3rd world, but will go with what you say for amusement value.

Not Thirld World. Actually your world. But your denial of those in your world does not surprise me at all....

I would have to conclude that for some obscure reason you wish to use this issue to try and catch me out for some very strange personal gain i.e. if I can get PK to admit that he says what he does not mean then I can score a (very sad) point. Here's some good advice - get a life.

One of your own quotes springs to mind "pot kettle black" .

Now call me pedantic, but Mr Rog, i.e belts and braces, evidence, definitions and examples at the ready ROG really hasn't thought that one out very much at all, has he? Either in content OR title?

Definitions of torso: (from http://www.onelook.com/ incase Sir suddenly decides to get pedantic, and YES it does include the medical dictionaries!)

-noun:  the body excluding the head and neck and limbs

-Drosophila gene encoding a receptor tyrosine kinase, required for specification of the terminal regions of the embryo.

-torso (tor·so) (tor¢so)  the trunk without the head or limbs.

So: before I even get my head bothered about the contents of your post Rog, why not tell us all why you elected to put that title up? It is totally innaccurate, and I fail to see how you saw it any differently before you hit the 'send' button??

Please tell me if you think I got that bit wrong - I'll look forward to it  :D

If you read the link that Rog provided you will see that:

A wheelchair-bound woman with no limbs has sued Air France for discrimination, alleging she was kept off a flight by a gate agent who told her a "torso cannot possibly fly on its own.".

So whether you agree with his opinions or not, you can't really blame him for the thread title. Blame the gate agent who allegedly said it to the torso.

I would have to conclude that for some obscure reason you wish to use this issue to try and catch me out for some very strange personal gain i.e. if I can get PK to admit that he says what he does not mean then I can score a (very sad) point. Here's some good advice - get a life.

One of your own quotes springs to mind "pot kettle black" .

This is an explanation I really want to hear.....

-noun:   the body excluding the head and neck and limbs

-torso (tor·so) (tor¢so)  the trunk without the head or limbs.

Please tell me if you think I got that bit wrong - I'll look forward to it  :D

If you read the link that Rog provided you will see that:

A wheelchair-bound woman with no limbs has sued Air France for discrimination, alleging she was kept off a flight by a gate agent who told her a "torso cannot possibly fly on its own.".

So whether you agree with his opinions or not, you can't really blame him for the thread title. Blame the gate agent who allegedly said it to the torso.

Sorry m_m, I really didn't want to bypass one of your standard, lightweight, unfunny soundbites but the timing was just against us. Better luck next time Eh?

Sorry m_m, I really didn't want to bypass one of your standard, lightweight, unfunny soundbites but the timing was just against us. Better luck next time Eh?

Erm, ok then. Thanks for wishing me luck.

However, if you read my post again you might notice that it was aimed at purrrrrrry (see the quote it contained if you're confused), and was just intended to point out what she had obviously missed, love.

However, if you read my post again you might notice that it was aimed at purrrrrrry (see the quote it contained if you're confused), and was just intended to point out what she had obviously missed, love.

Heh, feel Stupid.

You aim posts at inviduals?

Just how sad is that?

Please don't bother to involve me in your incredibly witty and cutting posts. Thanks.

You aim posts at inviduals?

Just how sad is that?

Please don't bother to involve me in your incredibly witty and cutting posts. Thanks.

Aim, direct, address. Whatever you want to call it. Yes I do that. I'm not sure how sad it is. I don't feel sad at the moment.

And, I wasn't attempting to involve you at all. You involved yourself.

Thanks for saying that my posts are incredibly witty though. It's nice to know that I'm appreciated on the internet. The internet is a serious business, afterall. Unless you were being sarcastic? That would be incredibly cruel of you, but that can't be it because I'm sure you'd leave sarcasm to tossers who have no point to make.

In defence of Rog he used torso in the title because the "gate agent who told her a "torso cannot possibly fly on its own." So quoting the dictionary definition of a torso to him is a little futile.

I think however he has missed the point a bit, had the issue been that the woman had neglected to inform the airline of her disability and was consequently refused admission, she wouldn't have had a leg to stand on. But they also insulted her and humiliated her. Senisitivity, a consideration for others feelings, and good manners ARE important and I hope that she wins.

Archived