Gas, Oil, Or Wool?

Jay

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do not understand what the cause for complaint is.

Stinking Nazi attitudes, that is what the cause for complaint is Upstream. :(

I remember a decade ago promises of new housing, and that was old news back then. I bet there are people who remember further back to false promises, anything to shut us up.

gold star award to Lonan3 for seeing the relevance..if your alive and in good health then its better than being ill or dead no matter where you live...and if your living conditions are bad then its up to you to do something about it...i.e. move..earn more money...buy a heater...why should people with a bit of nowse constantly have to give handouts to those who can't be bothered bettering themselves....

Now hang on Manxchatterbox, don't you think some people would love to 'better themsleves' as you say?

I lived in council property until a few years ago when I managed eventually to buy my own house. Lots of council tenants would love to own their own houses but the way the island is its the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.

Even with the first time buyer scheme affordable housing is way out of reach of many (who then have to wait years for a council house) and that is because this government let the money men over here to avoid paying english taxes and buy up all the local housing. It stinks. And yes I can name some. And then they let them out at silly prices so locals are in a no win situation.

Private rent...too dear...cant save...cant get a deposit.

Bill priorities:

1 - Sky TV (because they actually cut you off)

2 - Phone (because they'll probably cut you off)

3 - Electric & gas (because they might cut you off)

99,999 - Rent (because the council won't dare kick you out)

100,000 - Rates (like they're ever gonna cut off the water)

Get rid of council houses. It's not like there's any unemployment over here.

There are plenty of flats in Douglas that have no central heating and only have a couple of shoddy electric heaters and radiators for warmth. Probably in worse condition than many council houses.

I would guess that a lot of people that are unfortunate enough to have to rent/live in these flats, probably have as much disposable income (after paying rent & bills) as those people that live in council houses (with the exception of benefits).

You don't hear of anyone fighting their corner whilst they wait on the first time buyers list or for an opportunity to get a council house...

Who told you that everyone in a council house is out of work?

I don't remember stating only unemployed people live in councils house and I don't remember knocking anyone for living in a council house either...

Thank you Silver Fox for your apology, courtesy and good manners.

Edited to add note of thanks and reply kept so thread makes sense.

how much "waste" heat is created by the Pulrose Power Station and what happens to it? like for why isn't there a district heating system for Pulrose houses???

Good point. It's certainly possible. The old Peel power station used it's waste heat to heat a row of nearby houses

Oh Mr Sausages (sorry Loki your post got in before mine) your such an asshole.

Who told you that everyone in a council house is out of work?

Read my previous post.

Nobody told me that.

Also: I never said that.

I'm well aware that people in council houses have jobs. My comment "It's not like there's any unemployment over here" should have been the give-away clue.

Archived