Revolver Branded Worst Film Of 2005

Beckett

Hotel rooms, work for locals, taxis, restaurants, big names on the island (would Madonna have come otherwise?). Not seen the film - I think Ritchie is a one-story wonder - but films+IOM=good.

Admittedly it's even better if they are big hits as we get a share of the profits too (Libertine anyone?). But apart from some inconvenience while filming takes place, and having lots of mockney grips and thirds AD's lording it in bars, I think we do well out of films and they make a good amount of money for us.

Its all a gamble with which film to support isn't it..'cos who knows which will be successful or flop..

I just hope the Film Commission just don't look at who the director is/stars are and decide on that basis which looks like they may have done with Revolver like thinking Guy Ritchie did Lock Stock so his next must be a money spinner..doh big mistake..

Seems like the Film Commission is playing the odds...we put £x of IOM taxpayers money into xnumber of films and somewhere along the line we'll have one that makes a few quid... whilst lots of the others will barely scrap even..but who will know how much its costing 'cos the film industry accountants are experts at creative book-keeping so no-one will ever get the true figures.

....and in the meantime the DTI Sheihk and Film Commission people can have some good fun and a good time meeting lots of celebs and going to film premieres and festivals in the sun....

in a poll conducted by DVD rental company LoveFilm.com.

and they are who exactly?Maybe if the poll was conducted by one of the big monthly dvd reviewers I would take notice,but seeing as I have never ever heard of this small two-bit DVD rental company I really don`t care what they have to say.

The Film Industry on the Isle of Man gives easy cash in hand work to some very idle people. And it feeds them well to keep them smiling.

This prevents them from doing other Island based cash in hand work like breaking into your home and your car, or drug dealing (although they may find the Film Industry a nice little earner in that respect).

So in general it is not a bad thing really.

any news on when Chromophobia is going to be released?

this review from imdb:-

"I had the unique chance of watching this movie at it's midnight premiere at Cannes, and this engaging story made the evening even more complete. Chromophobia is a depiction of how several upper-class Brits have become so obsessed with material things and their careers that they have become completely detached from the bare necessities: love, professional integrity, friendship and even their own children. Each of the characters will betray one of those ideals, and they will see their lives and relationships come crashing down. But while most of the movie is alienating, depressing and leaves you almost begging for some relief (it is there, you will laugh occasionally), in the end there is redemption: not in a glorious comeback or victory, but in the simple dignity of picking up the pieces and carrying on with a brave face. The train station scene is especially impressive, showing the sudden determination and loyalty in the main characters when faced with the ruin of their lives. Both chilling and warming: this is one solid piece of British drama".

nice photo too:-

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/3111/E...z,%20Pen%E9lope

Hopefully Stormbreaker will be a big hit and generate some revenue...

from IOM Govt Film Commission web-site:-

Stormbreaker

Producer Marc and Peter Samuleson

Director Geoffrey Sax

Starring Alex Pettyfer, Sarah Bolger, Damian Lewis, Ewan Mcgregor, Bill Nighy, Sophie Okonedo, Missi Pyle, Alicia Silverstone, Ashley Walters and Mickey Rourke

Filmed 3rd July - 11th August 2005

Synopsis When his guardian dies in suspicious circumstances, fourteen-year-old Alex Rider finds his world turned upside down. Forcibly recruited into MI6, Alex has to take part in gruelling SAS training exercises. Then, armed with his own special set of secret gadgets, he's off on his first mission to Cornwall, where Middle-Eastern multi-billionaire Herod Sayle is producing his state-of-the-art Stormbreaker computers. Sayle has offered to give one free to every school in the country - but there's more to the gift than meets the eye.

Based on the Anthony Horowitz novel of the same name

Locations Island Studios

Websites

www.anthonyhorowitz.com

www.alexrider.com

www.stormbreakerthemovie.com

It would be good to have a premiere or two here of the films that get large grants from the IOMG. Once this new cinema is built of course.

For films like the Libertine and Stormbreaker, it would be excellent PR for the Island!

Archived