Wasd

Alias

Well I play CS 1.6 a bit, and used to traditionally play it on the good ol' numpad. I've got to move away from the numpad, and I've given wasd a quick play (was shit) but I can't get it quite right (backslash is where walk used to be on numpad, but I can't seem to bind to it :/ ) :(

Controls that I need to use:

Forward, (8)

L + R strafe (4,6)

Backwards (5)

Drop weapon (2)

Walk (.)

Jump (9)

Weapon special function (7)

What do you WASDers use? Cheers ;)

Mouse1 = Fire

Mouse2 =Forward

G = Left

J = Right

H = Back

Space = Jump

They're the basics for every FPS I've ever played. Obviously game specific binds are different but I like having my hand in the middle of the keyboard as my long fingers can reach every key without having to relocate my hand.

Logitech MX310

I've hardly gamed since August really because I got so jaded after 8 years of non stop league games and practices that I just quit everything.

I played with a Logitech Pilot standard ball mouse until 2004. Old three buttoned job with no wheel. I bought eight of them when they said they were ceasing production a few years ago. I finally ran out :)

I like to use the middle part of the board on FPS games (when I get time to play any these days!)

Using the following...

Home - Forward

End - Back

Delete + Page Down - strafe l and r

This leaves the large (easy to hit in a hurry!) Enter key and numpad Ins/0 key within easy reach of your little finger/thumb for anything you want...

Also Ive always used Mouse 1 - Fire, Mouse 2 - Jump and Mouse 3 - secondary fire.

Would be interested in hearing others preferences too actually.

Archived