T&g Advert Re Sacked Nurse

scoobe

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the huge advert they have placed in the papers this week.

Very little facts have come out about this, presumably because the appeal is currently adjourned, but the reason for sacking apparently relate to patient record keeping.

The advert has a number of people quoting what a nice and professional nurse she is, and how long she "served the manx people". However, If I were sat in a renal ward, I would rather be tended by a grumpy, ill mannered nurse who actually detailed what drugs, fluids etc I had had on my record, so that the next nurse on shift didn't accidentally kill me by duplicating something.

It seems wrong to advertise this in the middle of the hearing, to try and get public sympathy, when the public doesn't actually know exactly what she was accused of.

Is this a union deservedly highlighting government mismanagement, or is it just the T&G showing off their ever increasing ego?

It seems wrong to advertise this in the middle of the hearing, to try and get public sympathy, when the public doesn't actually know exactly what she was accused of.

The health authority had no problems sacking her though, did it? They didn't wait for a hearing. If someone believes they were unfairly dismissed then they should be entitled to take whatever action (legal or media) they wish.

The health authority had no problems sacking her though, did it? They didn't wait for a hearing. If someone believes they were unfairly dismissed then they should be entitled to take whatever action (legal or media) they wish.

I disagree. There is far too much protection for workers these days, when did you last hear of an employer taking an employee to court for damages after they quit without notice, skived off, claimed to be more experienced than they actually were, lied about their qualifications or anything else?

Especially government workers - this crap is why we have a prison officer who has been suspended on full pay for years and who will never return to the job, hundreds of civil servants off with "stress" and many other employees taking the piss bigtime. If an employer wants to sack someone, they should be able to.

There was a hearing, hence the appeal which has recently been adjourned.

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the huge advert they have placed in the papers this week.

Very little facts have come out about this, presumably because the appeal is currently adjourned, but the reason for sacking apparently relate to patient record keeping.

The advert has a number of people quoting what a nice and professional nurse she is, and how long she "served the manx people". However, If I were sat in a renal ward, I would rather be tended by a grumpy, ill mannered nurse who actually detailed what drugs, fluids etc I had had on my record, so that the next nurse on shift didn't accidentally kill me by duplicating something.

Is this a union deservedly highlighting government mismanagement, or is it just the T&G showing off their ever increasing ego?

That is actually quite a good point. I'm sure she is lovely and perhaps her professionalism will be proven after the hearing.

In ego terms however Moffatt is unrivalled. He rants a lot but has he actually achieved anything? Ever?

Archived